• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting OC experience today...good and not so good...

GlockRDH

I went to the parade in Token Creek (sun prairie area) today...was OCing as usual....big crowd...i was standing along the street waiting for the parade to start when an older gal came up to me...
'whats that in your pocket?' she looked very upset as she was POKING at the glock...'Is that a gun?'
'Yes ma'am, it is...'
'WHY do you need that?' again she was REALLLY upset...
'Its for defensive purposes...a last resort if needed....does it bother you?' I said
'Yes, it bothers me...what if you take it out and decide to shoot me?'
(im now shaking my head in disbelief at this point)
'Ma'am, the guns you cant see, are the ones you need to worry about...the ones that are hid in baggy pants wherethe hat is on sideways' i said
'Thats a prejudiced statement' she said....at that time, a very nice young black couple standing next to me noticed the firearm...both gave me a hi-five and were in total agreement with me carrying... we then struck up a conversation about all sorts ofthings... THEN 20 mins later, SHE came back, nudged the guy on my other side and said (pointing at me) 'Hes got a gun!'....
the guy then says ' I know its your right and all, but my grandma is really upset...could move to someplace else watch the parade?'
'Nope' i said...and left it at that.... Was I the jerk? :) Im thinking not..

BROKENSPROKET

There must be a page from the Anti-Gunners Playbook circulating around on the internet. I imagine there will be many more incicdents like this in the near future. And it's really sad as I have open carried without incedent, until my visit to Alma.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
You didn't unleash into a detailed explanation about how the principles of the 2nd Amendent were integral to the forming of our country? Just kidding, but glad you held your ground and didn't move.

HandyHamlet

'Nope' i said...and left it at that.... Was I the jerk? :) Im thinking not..

I don't think so.

Honestly, I do not believe she deserved ANY explanation whatsoever. What you do is none of her concern. Just out of curiosity, did they move when you refused?

Last edited:

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
My standard reply is:

I practise my second ammendment right to protect myself, and all those who don't choose to practise it themselves.

Max

"'Yes, it bothers me...what if you take it out and decide to shoot me?' "
Lady, if you were really afraid of that happening, why in HELL would you come over here and talk to me?

GlockRDH

I don't think so.

Honestly, I do not believe she deserved ANY explanation whatsoever. What you do is none of her concern. Just out of curiosity, did they move when you refused?

I was just trying to be nice...and explain things to her...she ws to afraid of me...other times ive been asked if im a LEO...she mustve assumed that that wasnt the case...lol

LR Yote 312

'Ma'am, the guns you cant see, are the ones you need to worry about...

An interesting point.

With all the talk and speculation to our soon to happen CC privilege I cant help but wonder how long its gonna take to educate small minded LE Agencies that we STILL have the Right to OC.

There are quite a few LEO's in our State that think we need a permit to even OWN a handgun.The Cudahy PD certainly thought I needed one and requestedthat I produce one during my encounter.

I hope the good folks of Wi Carry dont back off and will continue the
good fight for Us OC'ers.

I may be projecting abit....but I have a feeling the number of LE encounters
with OC'ers is gonna rise.Some sure to be dancing the line of harassment.

LR Yote

LR Yote 312

"'Yes, it bothers me...what if you take it out and decide to shoot me? "

At that point I think I would have looked down at my sidearm and commanded it to "Stay" with the same tone one uses with an obedient dog,and told her ......
"See...its been trained."

LR Yote

Drakon

LOL.......I was down at the Token Creek Parade today as well. She must have been really bothered by the vets carrying M16's and M-1's.

HandyHamlet

I hear you.

Problem is, people like the one in the OP only hear what comes out of their own mouths. You could look her in the face and recite a cupcake recipe. Her eyes would just glaze over and maybe roll back into her head. As a bit of spittle drools down her whiskered chin. She would still be pissed though. Because you refuse to do what she wants.

Hey... that gives me an idea.

:eek:

Last edited:

jegoodin

"'Yes, it bothers me...what if you take it out and decide to shoot me?' "
Lady, if you were really afraid of that happening, why in HELL would you come over here and talk to me?

Several years ago I was open carrying in Johnstown, PA during Thunder in the Valley. A guy came walking by and started screaming (literally) that I had a gun and demanded to know why I was carrying a gun. I replied calmly that it was for personal protection and asked what his problem was. He calmed down a little and lowered his voice somewhat and said that he had a gun and supported the 2A, but didn't feel the need to carry it and that he didn't think that others needed to carry because they could be crazy and shoot people. My response to him was that approaching someone with a gun, but otherwise just minding their own business was probably a stupid idea. If they are a good guy then you just made an ass of yourself and if they are a bad guy then you just got yourself shot. Neither position being very smart.

RR_Broccoli

Wait.

She TOUCHED your firearm? :question::question:

That's bout the time you interpose your body, free up your strong arm, look her in the eye and say "get away from me before I call the cops". :mad:

Better yet, actually call them and have her arrested. That's what she was psyching herself up to do to you.

DangerClose

"she looked very upset as she was POKING at the glock..."

Yep, that's a new one. Who knew you'd need a manual safety on your gun Because Other People Poke It While Holstered. They probably go around poking pitbulls, too.

oliverclotheshoff

dont be bashing pitbulls now they are as people freindly as any other dog they are the only breed of dog i will own pitbulls are like guns there arent any bad ones only bad owners

Last edited: