Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bainbridge police: Suspected home intruder shot by bystander

Bainbridge police: Suspected home intruder shot by bystander

A very interesting turn of events....

The intruder then left the property, still in possession of the knife, and was observed by at least one neighbor before turning onto the 500 block of Wood Avenue, police say. At that point, the suspect reportedly approached a man in a car who was in possession of a handgun. Police say the man with the gun shot the suspect three times in the lower body and was holding the suspect at gunpoint when officers arrived.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911...-by-bystander/
    Live Free or Die!

Sounds like a tough neighborhood for criminals to be in. Hopefully the word gets around that the citizens there defend themselves and potential criminals get the message.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    But, he only had a knife. The previous homeowner scared him off with a claw hammer. He certainly didn't need to be shot, much less shot three times. Thus the police investigation and the word alleged in front of shooter.

[/saracasm]

As more information trickles out, seems the Shooter is a Law Abiding Citizen that was only seconds away not minutes and was pulled over working with his GPS when approached by the yelling knife carrying idiot.
    I would say it was his lucky day, that he lived as he was hit all 3 rounds fired in self defense.

King5TV
    According to police, the suspect fled the home and began yelling at a man in a car, who happened to be lost and pulled over on the road to use his GPS device. The driver also happened to be armed with a gun, which police said he was legally allowed to posses.

Police said the suspect moved closed to the vehicle, and the driver fired three rounds, hitting the suspect.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    As more information trickles out, seems the Shooter is a Law Abiding Citizen that was only seconds away not minutes and was pulled over working with his GPS when approached by the yelling knife carrying idiot.
    I would say it was his lucky day, that he lived as he was hit all 3 rounds fired in self defense.

King5TV
    See! See! This is another reason to just use maps, and plan your route before you leave. To hell with GPS. It can get you into lethal force encounters!

Officers said the man who shot the suspect will not be charged because he acted in self defense.
    Having seen/been involved in 2 different carjackings, this is not a surprising outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post

King5TV
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    See! See! This is another reason to just use maps, and plan your route before you leave. To hell with GPS. It can get you into lethal force encounters!
    Ban GPS! Too many die at the hands of GPS!
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum, Credit goes to GPS resulting in Home Intruder/Car Jacker Gets Shot ! or

GPS proved to to be hazardous to his health!
    Last edited by BigDave; 07-04-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

... And q13 last night insisted on mentioning that the gun was "properly registered"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Having seen/been involved in 2 different carjackings, this is not a surprising outcome.

GPS = Gun Posessing Sitizen

The title is a bit misleading...the guy was obviously shot in an attempted carjacking, not because of the attempted home invasion.

One shot a bit higher would probably have been sufficent.

Oh God, do I love where I live....
    Last edited by hermannr; 07-05-2011 at 12:53 PM.

But, he only had a knife. The previous homeowner scared him off with a claw hammer. He certainly didn't need to be shot, much less shot three times. Thus the police investigation and the word alleged in front of shooter.
    [/saracasm]
    Howdy Citizen!
    Just goes to prove the old adage: "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight!"

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Howdy Gogodawgs!
    Take away my GPS? Only when they can rip it from my cold, dead hands.
    Which won't be easy, because I'm armed when driving!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 07-05-2011 at 12:57 PM.

3 shots, 3 hits..Why cant the Police do that?

But But But..

What has to do with Open Carry GoGoDeputyDawg...!!!HMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    What has to do with Open Carry GoGoDeputyDawg...!!!HMMMM
    Do we know that the "shooter" wasn't Open Carrying? He certainly was at the point he shot the person.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Do we know that the "shooter" wasn't Open Carrying? He certainly was at the point he shot the person.

This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.
    Ahem, ahem. We do not know the shooters method of "carry", only that the weapon was fired 3 times. You cannot assume and use the unknown as a valid reason.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Gogodawgs!
    Take away my GPS? Only when they can rip it from my cold, dead hands.
    Which won't be easy, because I'm armed when driving!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Ummm...if it gets to that point, they'll just shut off the satellites, or degrade the signals.

You'll be back to map-reading so fast, your compass needle will blur.

Ummm...if it gets to that point, they'll just shut off the satellites, or degrade the signals.

You'll be back to map-reading so fast, your compass needle will blur.

Assuming that those who have become GPS dependent even have a compass, know how to use one if they did, or for that matter the same for maps.

Soon after all the batteries go dead, the bugs take over.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Founder's Club Member
    That is a confession?

That is a confession?
    LOL, nope. Nearly 20 years ago, I chased a shoplifter out of my store across a parking lot and caught him. He wiggled out of his jacket and pulled a knife on me. I backed away and he ran to the intersection and carjacked a car. He was caught the next day...trying to shoplift from another store.

A few years ago, a bum, approached my car for money at a highway off ramp. I declined and he got belligerent while trying to get into my car. I pulled out my car gun from the console and laid it on my lap. He decided he had better things to do....
    Live Free or Die!

All sounds legitimate but Bainbridge being what it is and western Washington being what it is I'm hoping the shooter dose not get int trouble. I grew up on Bainbridge back before the yupies took over completely and go back once and a while, the word gun is like saying the word snow in the winter, people freak!
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Nearly 20 years ago, I chased a shoplifter out of my store across a parking lot and caught him.
    Oh my! Isn't that against Company Policy (at least most Companies)? Or did you own the Store?

Oh my! Isn't that against Company Policy (at least most Companies)? Or did you own the Store?
    Last edited by Metalhead47; 07-08-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

"Nearly 20 years ago...." It was not against policy at that time. I was trained in shoplifting detention and the 5 elements to make an arrest. Authorized to use force, apply handcuffs, etc.... No, I did not own the store, I was 19 and it was with Safeway.
    Live Free or Die!

"Nearly 20 years ago...." It was not against policy at that time. I was trained in shoplifting detention and the 5 elements to make an arrest. Authorized to use force, apply handcuffs, etc.... No, I did not own the store, I was 19 and it was with Safeway.
    I worked part time for a retail company right after I retired. We were explicitly told to "Not challenge Shoplifters" and above all, "Never Leave the Store and follow". It was amazing, as that one Store lost almost $100,000 per year in theft and the policy was "Let it go".

Amazing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast