• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone purchase their ammo online?

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
FWIW I have had good results from SGAmmo.com in Stillwater, OK. They currently have 500 rounds of Winchester Z Q4355 for $149.95 and 500 rounds of Federal XM40HC for $169.50. This Winchester round appears to be an over-run of the FBI load but is in the original Winchester boxes which leads me to believe it is an over-run and not out-of-spec. The Federal rounds are reboxed in white boxes which indicates something about the rounds were out of spec for the government/LEO entity that ordered them. Also, if I understand correctly, the "X" at the beginning of the Federal number also indicates the ammo was somehow outside of specifications.

Mlutz

Also, if you're near a store pay attention to the deals @ Farm & Fleet.

So you can have another store price match it! Lol. Farm and fleet does have good prices on ammo, but after being asked to leave, I won't be back. The hollow points I use are $10 a box cheaper at f&f vs gander.

Motofixxer

Walmart Federal .40 180gr 100rds SKU 002946506329 $25.96 + tax =27.39 = .27\rd Problem not all stores stock em

Walmart Winchester white box, 100 rd generally good price

RR_Broccoli

So you can have another store price match it! Lol. Farm and fleet does have good prices on ammo, but after being asked to leave, I won't be back. The hollow points I use are $10 a box cheaper at f&f vs gander.

Good to know. F&F near me has the most obnoxiously annoying nerd working the sporting goods section. During the whole ammo buying surge of 2009 I swear he was stashing the stuff for himself or waiting for his buddies to come in to buy. There was enough on the shelf to grab a couple boxes, and a couple hours later, there was more. "You don't want that, you want this." "No, dude, I need 9 MM not .38" :banghead: "and, get away from me, I can find what I need without your help." Good thing it's close, I can swing by on lunch once a day if I need to. Basically, he would hover over the ammo like it was his to keep.

One thing to note, this summer is going to be campaign season for the presidential elections. One might be wise to have all you'll need for the next year stocked up by then. Assuming Obama is going to sit around and look pretty while the Republicans consume themselves with in-fighting and ultimately pick an unelectable candidate, he's a shoe-in for win. During his second term, he may throw more bones to the gun grabber crowd than his actions during first term have lead us to believe. People will realize this and the gun/ammo shortages and price gouging will begin again. Have your stuff by the first time his face shows up on TV for a campaign ad.

I am planning on having my gun-needs taken care of for the foreseeable future by the time the snow melts this spring even if I have to buy stripped lowers, Hi-Points, and Blazer ammo. :(

Last edited: