• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I had a very American 4th of July.

pkbites

This was one of the few holidays I wasn't scheduled to work. I slept in until 10am. Read the declaration of Independence published in the Milwaukee Urinal.

Then I went to Speedway to get a fountain soda that I had a free coupon for. Even though I can legally conceal I open carried today. Inside the Speedway a customer (elderly man) was kind of flustered and said "Sir, I don't think you can do that yet. The Governor hasn't signed the law". I advised him that openly carrying has always been legal. After a brief pause he said "can I ask why some feel the need to be armed all the time". I replied "you're not really going to question the right to bear arms on the fourth of July, are you?" He chuckled and said "good point" and left. But another customer (white guy, about 25 or so) had a very puzzled look on his face and says "What.....do guns have to do with today?"

And that's when I shot him, your honor!

:D Just kidding. Just Kidding.

But I didn't dignify his stupidity with a response. I redeemed my coupon and left with my 44 ounce Coke. I departed in my Ford Mustang GT.

When I got home my wife and I rode my Harley to Miller Park for the Brewer game. We had a couple of Hot Dogs. We just got back. Shaun Marcum hit a grand slam but the Brewers still lost. lost!:mad:

In an hour or so we're going to go watch the fireworks.

Guns, Coca Cola, Ford Mustangs, Harley Davidson, Baseball, Hot dogs, fireworks, and a free press.

Is this a great country to live in or what?

MKEgal

Sorry for the necropost...
pkbites said:
I replied "you're not really going to question the right to bear arms on the fourth of July, are you?"
Sure beats what happened in Brookfield. :rolleyes:
They had no problem questioning it.
This year was much more calm.
But yeah, that does sound like an all-American day.

Outdoorsman1

I agree that there are "special" days that increase my pride and honor in being able to legally open carry my firearm.

As a matter of fact I just observed one of those days just a little over 1 week ago...

Outdoorsman1