• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Duracoat issues?

REALteach4u

Has anyone experienced any major issues with Duracoat? I know it can wear on holster contact areas just like bluing will, but that's not the issue yet.

I had my Desert Eagle 45ACP returned to me with it's new finish (2 coats of Tactical Coyote Brown, 1 coat of matte finish, and hard baked). Upon firing it this past Saturday I noticed what looked to be leather dye that might be transferring to the Durcoat finish from my holster.

Now I do have some carbon deposits on the muzzle end of the slide and frame, but I noted these specifically where my holster makes contact.

????

ElectricianLU58

will it rub off the gun with a rag? is the holster vat dyed or surface dyed, and if you rub your holster on some copy machine paper will the dye come transpose onto the paper? maybe the holster is getting sweaty and the dye is coming off. if it is, it is going to get worse until cooler weather.

i have had parkerized guns that showed marks, but they rubbed off with a rag or your fingers. i have not been around duracoat yet. you should post a picture.