Thread: Status of CCW legislation in Illinois?

Status of CCW legislation in Illinois?

Howdy Folks!
    While I enjoy great freedom to either open carry or conceal with a CCW permit (now pending), I grew up in Illinois and still have a house there. So I have a keen interest in the status of CCW legislation in Illinois.

I'd like to visit the old homestead in Illinois, but ain't much hankering to visit if I am not permitted to carry my firearm while there. Seems a bit odd that I can carry clear across several other states but not in my hometown! Naturally, Illinois is the only state without any carry option whatsoever, so far as I know. And I don't want to visit the state and spend money while there if I am denied my right to self defense. When travelling, in particular, I feel the need to have means of defense at my disposal.

So, if anybody can enlighten me on the state of affairs in Illinios as it stands today, I'd be much obliged for the information.

Thanks in advance,
    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 07-05-2011 at 03:01 PM.

As of now HB148 is on hold. It could be called back for a vote at any time but that isn't likely to happen. The last few votes needed just aren't there .

We had a majority with 65 yes votes but because of the preemption clause ( to get Chicago included as well as other home rule cities) , we have to have 71 yes votes. We were 6 votes shy.

PM sent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jayspapa View Post
    As of now HB148 is on hold. It could be called back for a vote at any time but that isn't likely to happen. The last few votes needed just aren't there .

We had a majority with 65 yes votes but because of the preemption clause ( to get Chicago included as well as other home rule cities) , we have to have 71 yes votes. We were 6 votes shy.

PM sent to you.
    Howdy Pard!
    Thanks for the answer to my question.
    Any action being taken to sway those 6 votes? Perhaps precinct meetings in those specific destricts where some of the "no" voters come from to work up public support in favor of the measure to exert pressure on their representitives to support it? Maybe work up a grass roots effort to affect those "no" votes from the bottom up efforts?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Pard!
    Thanks for the answer to my question.
    Any action being taken to sway those 6 votes? Perhaps precinct meetings in those specific destricts where some of the "no" voters come from to work up public support in favor of the measure to exert pressure on their representitives to support it? Maybe work up a grass roots effort to affect those "no" votes from the bottom up efforts?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Forget it. They are all undoubtedly Cook County. BTW, I grew up in Chicago-land, as well. Lived most of the time in DuPage County, however, the anti-Chicago. And a CO CCW will take you all the way from here to the IL border being honored, no matter which route you choose.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 07-07-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V