• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show boise 9th and 10th

carracer

Still need people to help with our table. Let's see some support for the group!

Sat 9-12 12-3 3-6.

Sun 9-12 12-4.
Pick a shift and pm me. I will get info to you.

carracer

if you are are there as part of our group working the booth, yes.

Which shift can I put you on the schedule for. I have no one scheduled for 12-3 on saturday so that would be the best for the IDCDL table. PM to me for details.

Zhukov

Just out of curiosity what if you aren't part of the group? Can you still open carry?

If not, I don't know if I could ever really support anything like that. Anyone or anything that claims to be pro-2nd Amendment would never bar carrying of firearms at their events.

You can't be for the 2nd Amendment and then turn around begging for restrictions.

Is it on public or private property?

Zhukov

Looks like it's on public property - I doubt they could bar carrying in that case anyways.

carracer

The event people allow carry but you have to have your action zip tied to make non-functional. There will be security (door shakers, esentially) at the door to do this.

Zhukov

Rendering the gun non-fuctional, would hinder our ability of self-defense and would be a violation of our 2nd Amendment rights and Idaho's constitution.

Since it is PUBLIC PROPERTY they cannot restrict access due to my carrying. They also cannot touch my firearm.

From what I read not even the Western Idaho Fair does this crap.

Why would you guys support such an asinine rule and clear violation of the preemption laws?

They, again, cannot claim to be pro-2nd if they're going to be restricting your rights. So, why, do you not step in and stop this as a group? Isn't that what the group is about?

Last edited:

Zhukov

I emailed Expo Idaho regarding what you said to see what exactly their rules are.

This is what I sent:

To whom it may concern:

I have CC’d this to the three possible contacts that would possibly have the authority and knowledge to answer my question.

I am inquiring to ensure that the Boise Gun Show at Expo Idaho is fully complying with state statutes.

I was told by someone who attends that you may require zip-ties on the firearms to make them inoperable.

If this is true, that would be a violation of state preemption law.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH33SECT18-3302J.htm

As underlined below, no rule is allowed that will affect any element relating to firearms or components.

As 18-3302J states:

18-3302J.PREEMPTION OF FIREARMS REGULATION. (1) The legislature finds that uniform laws regulating firearms are necessary to protect the individual citizen’s right to bear arms guaranteed by amendment 2 of the United States Constitution and section 11, article I of the constitution of the state of Idaho. It is the legislature’s intent to wholly occupy the field of firearms regulation within this state.
(2) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city, agency, board or any other political subdivision of this state may adopt or enforce any law, rule, regulation, or ordinance which regulates in any manner the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, transportation, carrying or storage of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition.

I wanted to confirm that, per 18-3302J I am allowed to carry my fully functional, non-zip tied firearm in the Expo as it is public property and subject to the statute. Any rule or enforcement of a rule otherwise is a violation of state law.

Can you please confirm whether or not such a rule exists or will be enforced?

I plan on attending and do not want to be hassled by any staff for my openly carried fully functional firearm which is allowed per Article I, Section 11 of the Idaho Constitution and 18-3302J.

Thank you for your time,

Brett Herod

Zhukov

Just to put it out there, I don't see any exceptions to our preemption law for a privately leased event that would exempt it from preemption. So unlike other states, because it's on public property, it would be subject to the same rules as any other piece of public property.

What I would mean is that the county could not allow the rule for a private entity because that would be basically an endorsement and enforcement of such a rule, based on my reading of the laws.

Last edited:

carracer

Many thanks to those that helped at the gun show! Would have not been the success that it was without your help. It's nice to have people that will actually make an effort to promote things in a positive way.

Please create a new thread regarding rules and regulations of the facilities and we will continue.