Thread: Is it worth getting process server license beofre applying for ccw?

Is it worth getting process server license beofre applying for ccw?

I was going to apply for a process server license ($200 in all) then apply for a ccw since process serving is inherently dangerous. Does this seem a good show cause or am i just ******* in the wind?
    For the record I have no high expectations just trying to go through the legal motions before i OC.

I've never heard of a process server being attacked for doing his or her job. That I know of, it is not really an inherently dangerous job. When was the last time you read about a server being attacked? People don't like being served, but shooting the messenger is really not a common practice.
    Serving a summons or other legal document does not override California's codes, so I don't see what the point of using that as any added special need for CCW. Personally, I think taking a gun with you during service of process might actually cause the recipient to fear you, whereas going with papers only at least you don't elevate that spectre

Talk to Goober on Calguns about joining his petition. Also check out:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352771

Quote Originally Posted by Save Our State View Post
    I've never heard of a process server being attacked for doing his or her job. That I know of, it is not really an inherently dangerous job. When was the last time you read about a server being attacked? People don't like being served, but shooting the messenger is really not a common practice.
    Serving a summons or other legal document does not override California's codes, so I don't see what the point of using that as any added special need for CCW. Personally, I think taking a gun with you during service of process might actually cause the recipient to fear you, whereas going with papers only at least you don't elevate that spectre
    I doubt it makes the news but it happens alot. I didn't say they get stoned to death or murdered.
    How would someone fear a gun that is concealed? Please explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMike View Post
    Talk to Goober on Calguns about joining his petition. Also check out:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352771
    Thanks I will look intothe thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
    I doubt it makes the news but it happens alot. I didn't say they get stoned to death or murdered.
    Off subject; I ask that same question of the 'CCW only' dogmatists.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    You make an excellent point.

CCW isn't a deterrent to crime.

OC is.

I suppose that's why uniformed police officers OC.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Guns are not always totally concealed. Observant people spot concealed guns. People being approached, or even stalked or followed by process servers are going to be observing more. I have been served a few times, and normally it was an ok experience. Three times is was not, and two of those the server came onto private property armed. No uniform; no badge; just a guy with a less then casual appearance and a concealed but noticable gun. And it wasn't the gun I feared, it was the approaching person who had it, and the apprehension they generated.