Thread: Milestone--No Arrests on July 4th

Founder's Club Member

Milestone--No Arrests on July 4th

This is an alert about something that didn't happen--nobody got illegally arrested on July 4th.

This is a milestone I think. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that OCers have been arrested on July 4th every year since about 2007--attending fireworks shows, festivals, etc.

This year, only two detentions, if my skimming the thread titles missed nothing.

We're getting there.

That is awesome news!! People may be getting used to the fact the more and more people are carrying. I even had a stranger thank me for carrying on the 4th.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Good news! Progress is being made ,. slow but steady.

Sent from my PC36100

Yeah, but weren't the Dems at home and the Tea Partiers the ones at the parades? HARVARD REPORT
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Founder's Club Member
    Something else I realized today. We're getting fewer and fewer police detentions.

There was a time when we'd have detentions reported almost every week, sometimes more than one a week. I can remember spending hours discussing this angle or that angle of reported detentions. It seemed like every time you'd turn around somebody was getting detained, gun seized and the serial number checked, etc.

It just don't happen all that much anymore.

(Not that this makes a reason to relax and not be ready for a police encounter, though.)
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-12-2011 at 01:27 AM.