• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milestone--No Arrests on July 4th

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This is an alert about something that didn't happen--nobody got illegally arrested on July 4th.

This is a milestone I think. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that OCers have been arrested on July 4th every year since about 2007--attending fireworks shows, festivals, etc.

This year, only two detentions, if my skimming the thread titles missed nothing.

We're getting there.

:banana:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
That is awesome news!! People may be getting used to the fact the more and more people are carrying. I even had a stranger thank me for carrying on the 4th.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Something else I realized today. We're getting fewer and fewer police detentions.

There was a time when we'd have detentions reported almost every week, sometimes more than one a week. I can remember spending hours discussing this angle or that angle of reported detentions. It seemed like every time you'd turn around somebody was getting detained, gun seized and the serial number checked, etc.

It just don't happen all that much anymore.

:monkey

(Not that this makes a reason to relax and not be ready for a police encounter, though.)

Last edited: