• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Travelling to MN

Yooper

Can you guys help me out? Later this month I'll be headed out west on vacation, I'll be entering MN in Duluth, heading down 35 to Albert Lea, and then 90 west to SD. Can someone point me to a government website (AG, State Police, etc) that shows the "gun free zones", and also something confirming that my MI CPL is valid. I try to carry copies of government websites with me for the states I'm visiting....just in case.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

robdoar

The Bureau Of Criminal Apprehension (part of the Dept. of Public Safety) handles all things PTC and Reciprocity.

I think the link you want is:
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/Pages/permit-to-carry-reciprocity.aspx

It's not working for me right now... That may be due to the Gov't Shutdown.

The BCA is still open, you may be able to have them fax something to you....

Minnesota Department of Public Safety
444 Cedar Street
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
Phone: (651) 282-6565
bca.permitstocarry@state.mn.us

Last edited: