Thread: Travelling through WY

Travelling through WY

Hey everyone! Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of state government websites that list the "gun free zones" and where it lists that a Michigan permit is valid in WY. I try to keep copies of state government websites showing that I'm legal to carry in the states that I will be visiting, just in case.

Any other info (case law, local ordinances, etc) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    Hey everyone! Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of state government websites that list the "gun free zones" and where it lists that a Michigan permit is valid in WY. I try to keep copies of state government websites showing that I'm legal to carry in the states that I will be visiting, just in case.

Any other info (case law, local ordinances, etc) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    I cannot cite anything on open carry as their are no laws in Wyoming concerning open carrying firearms. The following link and pasted text concern concealed carry. Be sure to read number 5 on the website as it lists all restrictions for concealing.

http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/pdf/CWPFAQ.pdf

9. If I am from out of state, is my concealed firearms permit recognized in Wyoming? The Wyoming concealed firearm permit statute provides that Wyoming will honor permits from other states, and issue Wyoming permits to holders of permits from other states, if:
    1. the other state recognizes Wyoming permits; and
    2. the permit from the other state is valid statewide.
    Under current law, if you are a permit holder from another state, if your permit is valid statewide and your State recognizes (or honors) Wyoming permits; you can carry a concealed firearm in Wyoming. The current statute has resulted in a formal confirmation process with other states. Once the Division confirms which other States’ permit Wyoming honors or has reciprocity, those states are listed for convenience only. However, this listing has no legal effect. States recognized:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and West Virginia.
    If your State is not presently listed, you may also check with your own State’s regulatory agency.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
    Rand Paul 2016

Howdy Amigo!
    Being in Colorado, I have yet to carry in Wyoming. Just haven't gotten up there lately. Meanwhile, back at the corral, open carry is legal all over Wyoming. Considering this here is an open carry forum, why not just consider carrying open rather than concealed?

Just curious, don'cha know.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Amigo!
    Being in Colorado, I have yet to carry in Wyoming. Just haven't gotten up there lately. Meanwhile, back at the corral, open carry is legal all over Wyoming. Considering this here is an open carry forum, why not just consider carrying open rather than concealed?

Just curious, don'cha know.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    I would, but the gun I'll be carrying I only have a IWB holster for, and I can not stand having my shirts tucked in during the summer.
    Rand Paul 2016