• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Vast Majority of LEOs are...?

jbone

...oathbreakers. The majority of cops now view their badge as a permission slip to fabricate probable cause to justify behavior beyond their authority...

Wow! Same tactic the brady bunch uses against guns and gun owners.

MKEgal

Citizen said:
"The vast majority of LEOs are...?"
1. Learning about OC. Nobody got arrested on July 4th this year!
Mmmmm... sort of. Someone in Oregon was detained, his pistol seized & cleared, his cell phone taken, threatened w/ arrest for DC, held for 15-20min before having his property returned & being told to leave the park where the fireworks were.
Not exactly an arrest, no, but still completely illegal acts on the part of the LEOs.

As for the topic of the thread, even with my few nonconsensual & less-than-enjoyable interactions with some few LEOs, I think most are decent people who want to make the world better.
Sort of like most other people.
Problems come from the few who don't know the laws, don't care when they break a law, or in some few cases actually being crooks &/or bullies who should not have been given any authority, period.

I have found that lots have a superiority complex, though.

SFCRetired

The majority of LEOs are honest men and women who really subscribe to the idea that their job is to help others. I've known a lot of them. One was even a brother of mine some years back. I was proud to know him and most of the others with whom I came into contact.

There were a few who were, at best, dirtbags. They found out very quickly that they could not intimidate me and, just as quickly, what I thought of them.

Badger Johnson

Looks to me your title "was designed to invite interpretations and generate spin where some willget it, and others will bash. Isn’t that what you meant to say, and accomplish? Where do you fall in line with “the vast majority of LEOs are…?”

Let me just say that I fear the system and LEOs much, much more than any predator. I can fight back against a predator, but forget about fighting the system if you get in it, or a LEO who has backup, the 'law' (allegedly), and can lie with impunity.

A good side effect of having a CHL/CPL is that most of them try to be extremely polite and law-abiding so as not to run afoul of the cops.

Not sure if I answered your question, but it's a sad state of affairs where the average citizen has more to fear from the power-hungry cops than from a burglar, car-jacker, rapist, home invasion-ist, or mugger.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yeah, some folks here use every opportunity they can find to bash cops in general based on some actions of some cops.

Oh? Cop-bashing is a banning offense on this forum if repeated. Lets see some quotes from these cop-bashers, Mr. Accuser.

Your accusation: some folks here use every opportunity...to bash cops in general...

This is the essence of cop-bashing as defined by the owners of this board. The offense that gets a person banned. Lets see the quotes, buster. If you got 'em, show 'em.

Otherwise, quit exaggerating legitimate criticism into something its not.

pullnshoot25

I'll tell you what is so wrong with being a drug dealer. The main problem is all the lives that are destroyed by drugs, especially young lives. Crack especially. Fries the brain. People high on crack and other drugs have proven to be a very real threat to the rest of us. Young people whose potential in terms of doing something beneficial for themselves and the rest of society, gone forever. Drug rehabilitation is expensive and doesn't always work because a lot of these drugs are addictive. Walk down the back alleys of any fairly large city and you will see plenty of reasons. Throwaway people. Drug dealers make their living off of other peoples' addictions and misery, as well as contribute to it. IIRC, they don't have a very long life span either. I know, I know, it's the addict's choice but the dealer sure enables that choice to continue the addiction.

Let me tell you about guns. They kill people, especially weak people. Bullets teat people asunder and kill the youth of America. Hospital bills are expensive....

You get the picture.

Please me, tease me but just don't cheese me.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
...presumed innocent until convicted at trial by a jury of their peers.

Yeah, if you can get 'em to trial over, under, around, and through 1) the blue wall of silence (protection by other cops who stay silent. Or, lie.) 2) Cop-supportive prosecutors. 3) evidence that disappears (because its in police hands--see #1). 4) etc.

Heck, if you can get past some of that, and can get past their qualified immunity, you might--might--have a chance at winning a settlement or judgement if the rights they violated were yours.

Rodbender came closest when he said we're tired of some cops bending and breaking the constitution. If you dig into the last forty years of the 4th Amendment, many of the usurpations were initiated by police, and confirmed by the courts.

Now, part of the seeming disconnect may be that some of us have read up much more deeply on the subject. So, to understand better, you would need to dig in a bit and research what police have been up to for several decades.

For myself, I add the deep, bitter disappointment that even the so-called good cops can't or won't handle the bad ones. What!? These heroes-in-blue who get shot at suddenly come over all chicken when confronted with a bad cop? Yeah, right. As a prime example, I mention again my earlier point about the silence from the so-called good cops and their unions over the recent string of arrests and camera seizures of people filming cops.

Last edited:

230therapy

Wow! Same tactic the brady bunch uses against guns and gun owners.

I provided one example. A quick check at The Agitator will reveal many instances.

A really good "attitude check" on the cops is to look at cases where people did nothing wrong but film the police engaged in their public duty. You'll find everything from physical violence to the filing of false charges.

All you have to do is look.

The one-sidedness of their outlook really makes the OC movement, of late, take on a bit of a wacko, extremist feel.

Sad.

Telling the truth and showing bad cops in action, and getting away with it, makes the "OC movement wacko"? I will take the "Wacko OC Movement" over a system of abusive, violent police any day of the week.

Five minutes on theagitator.com results in:

1) Violent cop tases and beats mentally handicapped boy who rode away on his bike:

http://www.theagitator.com/2011/07/03/why-not-walk-away/

2) Example of the abusive system:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/05/sex-doll-prank_n_890786.html

A felony for putting a sex doll in a bathroom on the last day of school? Bomb squad? WTF? Our senior class flew a sex doll from the school flag pole. Everyone laughed and no police were called except the onsite cop who...laughed.

A quote from the article:

"The question is what type of society we are creating when our children have to fear that a prank (could) lead them to jail for almost a decade. What type of citizens are we creating who fear the arbitrary use of criminal charges by their government?"

3) For the "War on Drugs" crowd:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.e740b6d0077ba8c28f6d1dd931c6f679.5e1

Last edited:

Deanimator

"The Vast Majority of LEOs are"... government employees. Beyond that, I won't speculate.

What I WILL do is say that the actions of the police themselves on numerous occasions have taken trust for them off of the table.

I feel that I must be as wary of police as of any other strangers with unknown motives.

They've got no right to complain. They did it to themselves.

CDT COX

...oathbreakers.

The majority of cops now view their badge as a permission slip to fabricate probable cause to justify behavior beyond their authority (see the video of a California man shooting a 22 rifle in his backyard and watch deputies invent PC to search his home).

link?

Kirbinator

Start digging for stories on the Boynton Beach police department on CopWatch or some other site... You'll see they are frequently in trouble as of late. It's an affluent area, but the police are unnecessarily heavy-handed and tend to do stupid things (like stop people in plain-clothes without their badge but with a loaded gun unholstered at the person).

eye95

They don't make, post, and then heavily publicize videos of cops NOT breaking the law, hence the lazy perception of cops generally being jack-bo...well, you've heard all the hyperbole.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Emphasis mine
They don't make, post, and then heavily publicize videos of cops NOT breaking the law, hence the lazy perception of cops generally being jack-bo...well, you've heard all the hyperbole.

Because it would be a boring video of a cop sitting around watching T.V. in his/her skivies. :lol::p

Sorry, sorry, I couldn't resist!

230therapy

The jack-boot part comes from the fact that officers are regularly making demands outside their authority and expecting immediate obedience. They then escalate up to and including lethal force for no justified reason (I have no problem with justified use of force so long as the officer is acting within his or her authority). The system then approves of this behavior by failing to file charges, finding that "the officer followed policy", and other games. The actual problem is the system that allows the LEO's to get away with it. Sal Calusi's murderer Deval V. Bullock, a SWAT team member of Fairfax County who admittedly ND'd into Calusi's chest, received 21 days of unpaid leave.

Do you really believe that the police have NOT become the standing army the Founders warned us about?

Last edited:

Jay Gatz

The vast majority of LEOs are not doing enough to oust the LEOs who tarnish their reputation.

From my observances as a whole they regard members of the general public with a good deal of suspicion and scrutiny. Sue me, but I return the favor.

Deanimator

Nor does the Weather Channel run many features on sunny, 72deg days with moderate humidity. They run features on tornadoes and hurricanes. I'll bet that if the public were PAYING FOR the tornadoes and hurricanes, they'd run even more.

Until you can explain how a home invasion, robbery and kidnapping ring could operate INSIDE of a major police department for YEARS with NO action taken, all of the "a few bad apples" hooey sounds like moon landing revisionism.

But you're right. The "hyperbole" coming from the mouth of Kim Groves is simply disgusting. Somebody ought to shut her up...