• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Vast Majority of LEOs are...?

Deanimator

The vast majority of LEOs are not doing enough to oust the LEOs who tarnish their reputation.
Forget "not doing enough to oust", try "actively and passively support".

The OVERWHELMING majority of comments on the beating of Karolyna Obrcyka that I've seen or heard from Chicago cops, reflect AT BEST insipid, pro forma "condemnations" of the beating. What sends Chicago cops into a blind rage ISN'T a 300lb. morbidly obese coward trying to stomp a 110lb. woman to death. It's the video of that despicable act of cowardice "BEING SHOWN TOO MUCH". Of course too, Chicago cops aren't offended by the organized torture ring that operated for YEARS in their ranks. In fact, they largely SUPPORT it. It's the prosecution of the ringleader for perjury which DEEPLY offends them. Strangely, when I suggest that a confession should have been extracted from Jon Burge by... TORTURING him, they don't think that's such a good idea...

From my observances as a whole they regard members of the general public with a good deal of suspicion and scrutiny. Sue me, but I return the favor.
"Suspicion and scrutiny"? Make that CONTEMPT. Throw in race and they start sounding like the Japanese in occupied China.

Deanimator

Sal Calusi's murderer Deval V. Bullock, a SWAT team member of Fairfax County who admittedly ND'd into Calusi's chest, received 21 days of unpaid leave.
After fatally shooting Michael Pleasance in the face (and lying about it), Officer Alvin Weems of the Chicago PD was "punished" with a 30 day suspension without pay... followed by a PROMOTION to detective.

To a disturbingly large portion of police, the public at large are nothing more than a pool of reactive targets.

Gunslinger

The jack-boot part comes from the fact that officers are regularly making demands outside their authority and expecting immediate obedience. They then escalate up to and including lethal force for no justified reason (I have no problem with justified use of force so long as the officer is acting within his or her authority). The system then approves of this behavior by failing to file charges, finding that "the officer followed policy", and other games. The actual problem is the system that allows the LEO's to get away with it. Sal Calusi's murderer Deval V. Bullock, a SWAT team member of Fairfax County who admittedly ND'd into Calusi's chest, received 21 days of unpaid leave.

<<<<<Do you really believe that the police have NOT become the standing army the Founders warned us about?>>>>

Excellent observation and food for thought. The cops have demanded to become a paramilitary force--even hick towns that don't have two dimes to rub together somehow pony up for the latest in Sniper rifles, full auto M-4s, SWAT clown suits, body armor and even armored cars. For what? What criminal mastermind and his gang of heavily armed Metahen Cartel veterans are they going to use this stuff against in Flyspeck, MS? Too many have the arrogance of power gone to their heads, often because their leaders think they're Ubbergruppenfuhrers, not police chief answering to civilian authority. They consider themselves to be "elite," which to them means above the law. And this goes down to the traffic cop who doesn't obey speed limits while simply driving and up to the SS thug who murders a disabled man because he is using a gun as a compensatory tool for his gross inadequacies. They both think they're above the law.

Gunslinger

After fatally shooting Michael Pleasance in the face (and lying about it), Officer Alvin Weems of the Chicago PD was "punished" with a 30 day suspension without pay... followed by a PROMOTION to detective.

To a disturbingly large portion of police, the public at large are nothing more than a pool of reactive targets.

Chicago is populated by subjects who bow and scrape to the Sturmbahnfuhrers. They have a gutless, moronic "Civilian Review Board" that never saw a cop commit a crime. The three "see/hear/speak no evil" monkies statue is in their meeting room where they "oversee' the thugs with badges. Where is the outrage? Why bother. A city that elects baboons like daley and then the trained chimp immanual gets what it deserves.

Deanimator

Or at a doughnut shop for the sixth time that day.
When I moved to Ohio in the mid-'80s, local Cleveland journalists did a story on cops sitting around in Dunkin' Donuts instead of patrolling like they were supposed to. A number of the reporters were FALSELY ARRESTED on wildly trumped up charges.

Of course in roughly the same time period, a number of Cleveland cops were discovered working "security" at various drug and gambling houses.

This was also the same time at which Cleveland cops ignored repeated calls for help from a Black woman who was besieged in her home by a mob of drunken Whites. Each time, the cops reported nothing untoward. Finally, in desperation, the woman called a friend who tossed his 12ga. pump into the trunk of his car and drove to her home. Arriving, he indeed discovered a large, drunken mob, pelting the woman's home with rocks, bottles and fireworks. He dispersed the crowd with a "whiff of grape" from his 12ga., "a la Bonaparte". HE was of course arrested. Funny thing was, his attorney subpoenaed the 911 tapes of the cops and 911 operators LAUGHING AT the woman's terrified calls for help. The friend walked. But you know what cops say if you don't like they way they do [or don't do] things, "What would you do if you called the cops and nobody came???!!!" I guess now we know. Obviously, she should have had her own shotgun...

Deanimator

Chicago is populated by subjects who bow and scrape to the Sturmbahnfuhrers. They have a gutless, moronic "Civilian Review Board" that never saw a cop commit a crime. The three "see/hear/speak no evil" monkies statue is in their meeting room where they "oversee' the thugs with badges. Where is the outrage? Why bother. A city that elects baboons like daley and then the trained chimp immanual gets what it deserves.
I'm ENDLESSLY fascinated that for 20+ years, Black voters in Chicago elected as mayor, the man who was State's Attorney at the height of organized police torture. It is BEYOND DOUBT that Daley's State's Attorney's office used confessions extracted under torture, and REAL Klaus "Butcher of Lyon" Barbie torture, not the namby pamby Abu Ghraib/Guantanamo kind. To the best of my knowledge, ALL of the torture victims was Black.

It's like French Jews voting for Klaus Barbie for Mayor of Lyon...

Last edited:

sidestreet

ARMED, and depending on their behavior, also DANGEROUS!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Gunslinger

Check out http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com for a daily account of news stories from all over the US involving LEOs overstepping their authority, breaking the law, abusing those they are charged to protect, and many other reprehensible acts.

Excellent site. I hope the police apologists on this forum take a look and then tell us again how the Gestapo is our friend and serves and protects...themselves. Thanx for the link.

Gunslinger

Right on target!

Here's the part of his post you "overlooked." I'm sure you think that is 'right on' too.

"On the other hand most police officers think they are a higher class, believe they are law experts, and believe only they know how to correctly use guns. I just try to make sure I am better informed and always carrying a recorder."

eye95

....are OK with depriving and infringing our rights just as long as they don't get in trouble for it. When they do get in trouble for it they hold a grudge and work harder to not get in trouble the next time they deprive and infringe....and yes, there will be a next time.

The vast majority are no such thing. Some are. Most are not.

eye95

Nor does the Weather Channel run many features on sunny, 72deg days with moderate humidity. They run features on tornadoes and hurricanes...

Yet most days most of us do not experience hurricanes and tornadoes. More to the point, we don't run around complaining that on most days most of us do!

Thanks for the precise example that dismantled your ridiculous hyperbole that followed it.

This is a really great note on which to leave this particular discussion between you and me.

Freedom First

Personal experience = facts?

Well, I have personal experience with three active law enforcers. Two are feds and one is a local LEO.

The two US Marshals I have met are constitutionally literate and if I had to wind up in the hands of a LE agency, it would want it to be them. I have heard them discussing upcoming interactions with hardened criminals and they spoke urgently of ensuring the safety and Rights of the accused. I have seen them handling prisoners in their custody with a calm decency in the face of hurled abuses. These men are constitutionally aware, articulate and honest in their dealings with me as a person and they have my respect.

My local PD officer is clearly not well versed in the Constitution and the Bill of MY Rights or he simply chooses to ignore them. He was willing to seize me and my firearm with no RAS in front of my neighbors. He was calm and courteous but clearly unwilling to deal with me as an equal or to respect those Rights given to all of us.

Regarding other LEOs, daily I see them doing normal policing duties on the roads and in my community with no real excitement. On the other hand, they do not accept OC as "normal" behavior and will harass an OCer if they have an opportunity. Also I have watched numerous videos and listened to dispatch audio on calls that chilled my blood. So today, when I OC, I carry a camera because my word obviously means nothing in light of the actions I have seen on my own street.

In closing, I agree that, exactly like the general populace, there are great, average and horrible law enforcers. And in this, I completely agree with eye95, who answered The Vast Majority of LEOs are...? "...a representation of the population from which they come." Right on the point sir.

Gunslinger

Well, I have personal experience with three active law enforcers. Two are feds and one is a local LEO.

The two US Marshals I have met are constitutionally literate and if I had to wind up in the hands of a LE agency, it would want it to be them. I have heard them discussing upcoming interactions with hardened criminals and they spoke urgently of ensuring the safety and Rights of the accused. I have seen them handling prisoners in their custody with a calm decency in the face of hurled abuses. These men are constitutionally aware, articulate and honest in their dealings with me as a person and they have my respect.

My local PD officer is clearly not well versed in the Constitution and the Bill of MY Rights or he simply chooses to ignore them. He was willing to seize me and my firearm with no RAS in front of my neighbors. He was calm and courteous but clearly unwilling to deal with me as an equal or to respect those Rights given to all of us.

Regarding other LEOs, daily I see them doing normal policing duties on the roads and in my community with no real excitement. On the other hand, they do not accept OC as "normal" behavior and will harass an OCer if they have an opportunity. Also I have watched numerous videos and listened to dispatch audio on calls that chilled my blood. So today, when I OC, I carry a camera because my word obviously means nothing in light of the actions I have seen on my own street.

In closing, I agree that, exactly like the general populace, there are great, average and horrible law enforcers. And in this, I completely agree with eye95, who answered The Vast Majority of LEOs are...? "...a representation of the population from which they come." Right on the point sir.

Funny thing about US Marshals...Ruby Ridge always come to mind.

Freedom First

Funny thing about US Marshals...Ruby Ridge always come to mind.

Excellent point. I will admit to not having studied that horrible incident in depth. My post was based on my "Personal Experience" with LE. And that was my only point.

Every agency will have good and evil, right and wrong, etc. over the years it operates. As a phone guy, I can point out a couple of businesses who would say I am the worst phone tech ever and many others who would say exactly the opposite. I completely trust my mechanic but someone on this forum has had a really bad experience with him and wouldn't cross the street to kick him.

It all comes down to today and the choices that are made by the folks in uniform now. And we can effect their policies and actions in a positive manner or a negative manner by our choices and actions. So, we stand for our Rights in the face of those who would suppress them and deal with them in an appropriate manner.

Thanks for posting!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Bad cops are few and far between, the go-along to get-along cops are quite numerous, departments are literally infested with them.

I gently invite you to review your standard for "bad cop." You see, I'm not sure why the go-along-to-get-along cops are not bad cops.

I consider them bad cops. If they can personally witness rights violations, and not do something strong and effective to stamp it out...

Deanimator

I gently invite you to review your standard for "bad cop." You see, I'm not sure why the go-along-to-get-along cops are not bad cops.

I consider them bad cops. If they can personally witness rights violations, and not do something strong and effective to stamp it out...
I find it supremely ironic that police blithely condemn the "stop snitching" culture when they're the greatest exponents of it in the USA today.

Kivuli

...people who deal with the dregs of society on a day-in, day-out basis; dregs who would attack you as soon as look at you. Dregs who often try to hide in sheeps' clothing. Yet, are still expected to be courteous and professional to them.

...people who, when they meet a law-abiding citizen, cannot afford to assume anything about that person as experience has taught them that even the fellow who is the nicest guy in the world to your face could just be waiting for his chance to hurt you. Yet, are still expected to be courteous and professional to them.

...people who cannot let their profession be publicly known because so many, and not just the dregs of society, hate them so much. Carte blanche, and without giving any individual the separate consideration they deserve.

...people who are human just like you, and are subject to flaws that every other human is subject to.

...people who, knowing full well that most people don't like them, choose to do their job anyway. Because on the rare occasion that they can make someone's day, all the abuse, scorn, ridicule, insults, mistrust, stereotyping, and general vitriol directed their way is absolutely worth it.

Finally:

...not the villains that some would paint them as.