• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida adds "teeth" to their preemption.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
This is what we need in Wisconsin to keep the Soglins of the state at bay.
Here's the summary:
Link

I haven't found the actual text of the bill yet but here's a quote from the summary.

ETA: Text is under "bill text" with clickable links that I was too blind to see.

Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition: Clarifies & reorganizes provisions that preempt to state entire field of regulation of firearms; prohibits knowing & willful violation of Legislature's occupation of whole field of regulation of firearms & ammunition by enactment or causation of enforcement of any local ordinance or administrative rule or regulation; provides additional intent of section; eliminates provisions authorizing counties to adopt ordinance requiring waiting period between purchase & delivery of handgun; provides injunctive relief from enforcement of invalid ordinance, regulation, or rule; provides civil penalty for knowing & willful violation of prohibitions; provides that public funds may not be used to defend or reimburse unlawful conduct of person charged with knowing & willful violation of act; provides for termination of employment or contract or removal from office of person acting in official capacity who knowingly & willfully violates any provision of act; provides for declaratory & injunctive relief for specified persons or organizations; provides for specified damages & interest; provides exceptions to prohibitions of section.

Last edited:

apjonas

Arthritis Acting Up?

This is what we need in Wisconsin to keep the Soglins of the state at bay.
Here's the summary:
Link

I haven't found the actual text of the bill yet but here's a quote from the summary.

I know it's an effort but try scrolling down to "Bill Text" :) - more interesting is the Bill Analysis. Thanks for bring it to everybody's attention.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
I've only checked out that summary included in your post, but that sounds like a dynamic and powerful piece of legislation in defense of the rights of citizens. (for a change)

I hope folks in every state get a copy of that summary to their legilsators and demand similar legislation in every state in the union. Even Illinois!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin