Thread: BOMBSHELL Fast & Furious allegations; taxpayer dollars may have been used

BOMBSHELL Fast & Furious allegations; taxpayer dollars may have been used

During an appearance Monday before Congressional investigators, Kenneth Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives alleged that the Department of Justice not only allowed criminals to smuggle guns to Mexico, but that “taxpayer dollars from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...have-been-used
    Last edited by Dave Workman; 07-06-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    During an appearance Monday before Congressional investigators, Kenneth Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives alleged that the Department of Justice not only allowed criminals to smuggle guns to Mexico, but that “taxpayer dollars from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...have-been-used
    Dang. Just like Watergate, the coverup may prove to be far more actionable than the original program ... the difference is, no one died at the Watergate.

Banned
    Mexico, that bastion of law of order, wants to prosecute.

If the American courts will not hold the criminals who made this program happen, I hope the Mexican courts do.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

If the American courts will not hold the criminals who made this program happen, I hope the Mexican courts do.

Mexico suing the ATF for illegal gun running and corruption is like Jefferey Daumer suing the Donner Party for operating a restaurant without a food-handler's permit...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Mexico suing the ATF for illegal gun running and corruption is like Jefferey Daumer suing the Donner Party for operating a restaurant without a food-handler's permit...
    Hilarious and true. As bad as the ATF is, I am pretty sure the Mexican criminals are getting most of their guns elsewhere. Maybe not, Mexico doesn't have any corruption in their police or military (sarcasm intended).
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Me too. I'd like to see that pos holder working on a chaingang in Nuevo Larado.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Me too. I'd like to see that pos holder working on a chaingang in Nuevo Larado.
    Ya gotta love the irony that amateur corrupt governmental officials being at the mercy of professionally corrupt governmental officials creates!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    mexico suing the atf for illegal gun running and corruption is like jefferey daumer suing the donner party for operating a restaurant without a food-handler's permit...
    roflmao!!!!

Actually, if Mexico can identify a potential responsible party, they would have pretty good grounds for extradition. Something the US Government could not just push aside.

I am sure he US Government would fight an extradition, but that does not mean they would win.

I wonder if Holder ever considered what life in a Mexican prison would be like when he? approved the operation. ( if other agencies funds were used, it had to go through Holder)
    Last edited by hermannr; 07-06-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Actually, if Mexico can identify a potential responsible party, they would have pretty good grounds for extradition. Something the US Government could not just push aside.
    Another possibility is something I was just reading about very recently. Apparently, there is an international law or treaty or something that lets foreign nationals sue US companies. The story was connected to Chiquita, the banana company, formerly US Fruit, involved in the banana wars. It seems in 2007 or so they had to settle with the US government for paying protection money to be left alone by FARC and various other Central and South American gangsters, drug cartels, and terrorists. The fedgov treated those payments as bribes or something and came after Chiquita saying they were "financing" these bad guys. Chiquita settled with the fedgov for lotsa millions of dollars.

Now, it seems certain American law firms are lining up people in these Central and South American countries injured by the gangsters, druggers, and terrorists to sue Chiquita under the international law or treaty.

I hope those gun stores that "cooperated" (ordered?) with Fast and Furious kept proof they were told by ATF to make the sale.

Bigger than watergate

If this was done intentionaly to secure 2nd amendment restrictions, it is most definitely a bigger deal than Watergate...

...hmmm, I wonder now what P. B.O.'s motive was for trying to stay the execution of a mexican national this week.

This should be down right ugly for the commie-organizer administration. Too bad that most Americans are more concerned about C.A.'s not guilty verdict.
    Exodus 21:12-14

Click here for some Common Sense

Media storm clouds form over administration’s ‘Fast & Furious’ coverup

A prominent Pacific Northwest newspaper jumped into the Operation Fast and Furious fray today with an editorial demanding openness and accountability from the Obama administration on what it calls “a tragically inept attempt” to trace illegally-trafficked guns that has now “grown into something bigger.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...urious-coverup

State Researcher

Thumbs up The only just resolution

James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

BREAKING: Issa, Grassley ask for communications between 12 DoJ officials

The Congressional investigation into Operation Fast and Furious continued to grow Tuesday as Congressman Darrell Issa and Senator Charles Grassley asked Attorney General Eric Holder for records and communications involving a dozen current and former Justice Department officials.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-doj-officials