• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another reason we need CCW 7 the reason Ed Flynn does NOT want CCW..

XDFDE45

Not sure how many remember the wilding beatings that happened on the last night of Summer Fest not that long ago. I was down there that night and was leaving just before closing. It didn't happen in the area where I was walking to my car but it was a little scary reading about in the news. After that incident they pretty much got rid of the midway area where many of the black kids would hang out as this happened after some hip hop concert at the Amphitheater and when all the kids and adults were leaving is when the beatings occurred outside the grounds. And in a VERY brief moment of clarity Eugene Kane even said the beatings were racially motivated :shocker:. But in his twisted logic it is not surprising to hear this.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
After Reading About The Mobs Running Around I Am Considering Changing My Pistol To...

a high capacity .45. I've been carrying my G36 for 9 years and usually never carry a spare magazine on me. I've had to rethink that strategy and consider carrying my Taurus Pro 24/7 in .45 and two spare magazines. With it I will have 36 + 1 rounds at my disposal.

I really don't like all that weight on me. Maybe it is time to find a holster for my PMR-30 and a magazine holder for it? That would provide 90 rounds (3 magazines) of 22 WMR at my disposal. I know...it IS a .22 WMR but 90 rounds is a lot no matter what.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
My Glock holds 17 rounds, plus 2 spare mags... a flash mob of 30-50 BENT on harming me potentially killing me ?? that Mob would not last long under rapid overwhelming fire, I can do a mag change FAST

SFCRetired

Ya'll don't remember the story from years ago? There was a huge riot in a small Texas town and the mayor sent for the Texas Rangers. When the train stopped, only one Ranger got off the train.

The mayor, shocked, asked, "There's only one of you?"
The Ranger quietly replied, "Only one mob, isn't there?"

Moral of the story: A bunch of cowards who need a mob to do their dirty work, whether they're black, white, or whatever, will back down in front of an armed, determined man or woman. Keep in mind that these are, to keep it polite, cowards.

There are places I have to go where this type of individual loves to hang out. Almost every time, when they see what is on my hip, they have business elsewhere.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Like The XD's Too....

But the Taurus I have is quite small compared to an XD and it holds 12+1 in .45 ACP. Still, I can't beat the PMR-30 in weight and capacity. I really am considering carrying the PMR-30 once I get proficient with it and find a good holster. 90 rounds of .22 WMR is a lot of ammo.

protias

a high capacity .45. I've been carrying my G36 for 9 years and usually never carry a spare magazine on me. I've had to rethink that strategy and consider carrying my Taurus Pro 24/7 in .45 and two spare magazines. With it I will have 36 + 1 rounds at my disposal.

I really don't like all that weight on me. Maybe it is time to find a holster for my PMR-30 and a magazine holder for it? That would provide 90 rounds (3 magazines) of 22 WMR at my disposal. I know...it IS a .22 WMR but 90 rounds is a lot no matter what.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=2394322904

Outdoorsman1

My open carry XD-40... Mag holds 12 rounds ... thats 13 (12+1) Fully Loaded (I ALWAYS carry Fully loaded) plus extra Mag on holster = 25 rounds of .40 Cal. Just picked up a used 2 mag holder and going to get 2 Mags for it real soon. Then it will be grand total of 49 rounds. I am pretty sure I could find room in a pocket for an single round to make it an even 50....

Then IF I decide to carry my BUG (concealed) Glock 27 Sub Compact (40 Cal.) with 9 round Mag. = 10 fully loaded + couple of extra Mags and a couple of single round to make an even 30....

50 + 30 = 80 rounds .....

Kinda gives a new meaning to the phrase.... "Over Kill".....:lol:

Outdoorsman1

Zeus

That PMR 30 is loud, belches fire and is high capacity. I think it would be a good choice to quickly disperse a violent crowd. A 5.56mm is a .22 caliber and I wouldn't want to get shot with it. I see potential for some very bad things in the future with these mobs. I hope to avoid being anywhere near them. Should it ever happen that I find myself in the middle of such things with my family and fleeing is not an option, I'm afraid there's going to be some black bags carried out of there. I avoid big cities like the plague usually.

NakedOne

Ya'll don't remember the story from years ago? There was a huge riot in a small Texas town and the mayor sent for the Texas Rangers. When the train stopped, only one Ranger got off the train.

The mayor, shocked, asked, "There's only one of you?"
The Ranger quietly replied, "Only one mob, isn't there?"

Wasnt that a "Walker, Texas Ranger" episode?
:banana::banana:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

So many guns and not enough time and money.... :(

I did the Google on the PMR-30 because I was unfamiliar with it and it sounds very nice! Here is some info' that may be of help to you:
It fits well in my Glock holsters that are made for the medium-frame Glocks, such as the Models 17, 19, 22, and 23.

Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged Holsters has a nice trim leather holster in the works. (www.simply rugged.com)

http://www.gunblast.com/KelTec-PMR30-2.htm
Of course you could get an Ugly holster for it when it comes time to cc.

Last edited:

230therapy

Two shots and that crowd will scatter away from you. They're not going to stick around.

Last edited:

Da Po-lock

Gee, what if ol' eddies girlfriend (ya know, some guys WIFE) was injured by this mob, would he want her to be able to defend herself with something like say aaaaaa GUN ?

Hey ed, here's a thought, don't worry your pretty little head about law abiding citizens legally carrying guns.

Start thinking with the head that your ears are attached to.

Leave other men's wives alone.

Do the job you are overpaid to do and prevent criminals from doing this type of thing to innocent people.

AND KEEP your foot in your mouth at all times, you sound better that way.

........unhappy Po-lock

MKEgal

Could someone post a link to the article, since the moderator deleted pretty much the whole first post?

I agree w/ the people saying that the mob would scatter after a couple of them "fell out" from acute lead poisoning.
If it hadn't been so dark, & they'd run across an OC group, they might even have had the sense to keep going down the street.

MKEgal

cheezhed said:
I will carry a 1911 and 12 extra mags that will give me 91 rounds and a bad back
Not if you distribute the weight around your waist evenly... :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

ETA: only 7 rounds per magazine??? :shocker:

Last edited:

Carcharodon

I will carry a 1911 and 12 extra mags that will give me 91 rounds and a bad back
lol, I get real sick of carrying 3 12 rounders real fast. Usually i carry 12+1, if i feel unsafe I'll put an xtra mag in my pocket. I honestly believe that drawing your gun an firing a single round, whether it hits or not, will stop 99% of situations. Having carried 11 mags of 5.56 for endless amounts of time, I have no desire to do so with my handgun.