• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This story should scare the hell out of you

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I've had a similar experience. Though not nearly this bad. My ex, who was an illegal accused me of DV. In spite of the fact that responding officers having let me go from her apt, she found a female "detective" who was willing to push charges on me. By the time I managed to get the case settled with a reduced conviction I was nearly broke from the legal expenses and basically homeless living with friends. I should have recognized her manipulative nature.

Her ultimate motivation? If she acquired the status as a DV victim, it would have given her asylum in the US. It's of little comfort that she was deported. The police and DA's are not there to pursue justice, they are there to convict you. Even if they find out later they're wrong, they'd rather see you rot or suffer than admit it. I wish I has Mr Gonzalez's finances or I'd fight for full vindication.

Regardless I'm happy he was ultimately vindicated, but I'm sure it's of little comfort to him that having suffered this trauma, the "woman" who caused it remains free and has the opportunity to further manipulate his son. She should be in prison for the maximum sentence Mr Gonzalez would have faced.

So guys and gals, if you recognize mental problems in a partner, stay away. Stay far away and never look back.

Perhaps having video cameras up everywhere might not be so bad in some circumstances. At least if they can be used to prove you weren't doing something someone accused you of.

Last edited:

eye95

My sympathy for the man's lack of complete resolution in the matter evaporated when I read that he accepted a settlement from his ex's insurance company with a condition of confidentiality. He accepted the money in exchange for lack of resolution, so he should accept the lack of resolution and get over it. If he wasn't willing to move on, he should have pressed the case to its conclusion.

That a judge has taken the radical step of declaring the man "factually innocent" while his accuser, who must have been lying, suffers no consequence is a fundamental violation of "moral arithmetic," as the article termed it.

Tawnos

I now have the shivers. That is truly terrifying, and the ending is messed up beyond belief.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
It is easy for somebody to make a chage against another. In a sexual assault case, such as the one under consideration, the mere allegation is often sufficient to grind the suspect to a pulp under the juggernaut wheels of the legal system. How many others, not so well heeled to cope with the cost of fighting such charges, are sitting in jails or prisons across this country today? I do no know the answer, but there exists a witchunt mentality here that ought to be challenged.

In this case, a man's liberty was deprived of him for months. He spent a ton of money to fight the charges in court. All it took was the allegation. What sealed his incarciration was the claim of sexual assault.

I am impressed with the detective on the case who began to piece together the lack of credibility in the scenario. He met his call of duty to determine whether facts could be sustained in the face of fancy. He ultimately determined that an innocent man was sitting in jail. When making his findings known to the prosecutors, they declined to examine the evidence, and continued down their road in hopes of a conviction. That, dear friends, ain't justice. That is merely an effort by the DA's office to seek a conviction of an innocent man. And that is NOT the pursuit of justice.

Anybody who has ever been subjected to this sort of false accusation, prosecution and other penalties that nevertheless attach to their innocence is a victim. They are a victim of the judical system that is supposed to seek justice, not an impressive resume of convictions.

Some folks are blessed in their ability to defend themselves against a false allegation. Others simply languish in jails. That, dear friends, is not justice.

Hopefully this man will get beyond his nightmare to enjoy a full life free from any other abuses of the system.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Hopefully this man will get beyond his nightmare to enjoy a full life free from any other abuses of the system.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

He should at the very least be free from any more potential headaches from the sociopath who accused him. The DA should be brought up on charges for failing to prosecute the false accuser. Unless people who do things like this stop getting away with it, it will continue to happen.