• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More on "Fast and Furious"

rodbender

Top Republican lawmakers have authored an explosive new letter containing details of secret testimony by acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson, which reveal for the first time the extent to which his agency was involved in an international gun selling scandal.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, and Sen. Chuck Grassley, Iowa Republican, fired off the letter to Attorney General Eric Holder Tuesday detailing what Melson told Congressional investigators in a secret July 4 testimony.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/06/i...t-meeting-with-atfs-ken-melson/#ixzz1RNC6vcO9

nobama

Holder (jackass) is as guilty as the rest of them. I wouldnt put it past obama that he knew about it also.

Alexcabbie

This business gets deeper by the hour. Melson is being pressured hard to fall on his sword. And the fundage for this was in the "Porkulus" Bill, which was passed and signed by the "How do you expect us to read what we're approving" crowd.

As a bonus, the BATFE Tampa field office was coordinating ANOTHER scheme like this one to send straw-purchased firearms to HONDURAS!!

This is the Watergate of the Obama mob. And it is a mob, he's a lightning rod. The real problem is all the big and little henchmen he has salted the Federal government with.

Amazing it is, that these people found themselves in power beyond their wildest hallucinations in the wake of the 2008 elections; and just as a lot of folks predicted they have been playing fast and loose and overreaching. There is only ONE sane reason that BATFE would pull a stunt like this, and that is to saturate the drug cartels with "purchased in the USA" firearms in order to garner support for a gun-control treaty with Mexico or the UN.

If it were not for talk radio, the Internet, and Fox News the media would have just buried this and ignored it. As it is, the Washington Post tried to spin it to say that this "bungling" was evidence that BATFE is "underfunded" and needs more money for "training."

Baloney. This was a deliberately planned operations for the reasons cited above. Otherwise why no GPS chips hidden in the gunstocks, if they were so hot on tracing the guns and keeping track of where they were?

Worse, the gun dealers in Arizona were ORDERED by BATFE to let obvious straw purchases go through. The House Oversight Committee needs to subpoena those guys - and I warrant a subpoena would be a mere formality - to testify about that.

This is like Eliot Ness telling Al Capone to sell moonshine to Dion O'Banion so they could bust Mad Dog Coll.

Well, actually Phil Hendrie had an apter metaphor (although he didn't know it) when he did a bit featuring (fake character) Jay Sanos of the "Citizen's Auxiliary Police" explaining why it was necessary for him to spy into women's bedrooms and film them nude as part of the production of a "training film" to show CAP officers "what a peeping tom sees". Believe me, the blather Santos uttered as justification for his patently perverse activity was several orders of magnitude more believable that the Administrations lame excuses and stonewalling in explaining this fiasco.

Somebody in the House needs to draw up Articles of Impeachment against Obama, Biden, Holder, and every other member of the Executive who had anything to do with this abomination. Or "Obomination" if you will....

riverrat10k

Agree 100% with Alexcabbie. The top tiers of government are now filled with thugs who have no respect for the law or the Constitution.

This line bears repeating. Alex said :

"There is only ONE sane reason that BATFE would pull a stunt like this, and that is to saturate the drug cartels with "purchased in the USA" firearms in order to garner support for a gun-control treaty with Mexico or the UN. "

I believe this to be true, and if it is, the implications are dire. Gun confiscation anyone?

This is the reason I am on this board. Seems our government has fully turned against the governed.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Agree 100% with Alexcabbie. The top tiers of government are now filled with thugs who have no respect for the law or the Constitution.

This line bears repeating. Alex said :

"There is only ONE sane reason that BATFE would pull a stunt like this, and that is to saturate the drug cartels with "purchased in the USA" firearms in order to garner support for a gun-control treaty with Mexico or the UN. "

I believe this to be true, and if it is, the implications are dire. Gun confiscation anyone?

This is the reason I am on this board. Seems our government has fully turned against the governed.

+ 1, even Klinton called obozo a "thug" when his (ugh) "wife" was running. When someone is so reprehensible that WJC can call them a thug, maybe the dhimnocrap party should have listened.