• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempted armed roddery in Green Bay

qball54208

This incident happened just blocks from my home! And some people think GB is a safe community...BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Oh, notice that the report "where a hand gun was brandished"... No it was displayed for unlawful purposes!

Community Message has been issued by the Green Bay Police Department.

Wednesday July 6, 2011 5:49 AM CDT

Police Press Release
On Wednesday July 6th, 2011 at approximately 0126, Officers of the Green Bay Police Department were dispatched to the Someplace Else Bar located at 1605 University Avenue reference the report of a physical altercation in the parking lot where a hand gun was brandished.

Initial information provided to responding Officers was that four individuals were beating up a male and had displayed a black colored handgun. The suspects were said to have fled from the scene in a dark colored Cadillac last observed westbound on University Avenue. A short time later Officers observed a vehicle matching the above description westbound over the Ray Nitschke bridge. A high risk traffic stop was conducted on the suspect vehicle in the 300 block of North Broadway Street. The vehicle was in fact occupied by males who were initially temporarily detained. Upon frisking the vehicle Officers located a dark colored handgun under the drivers’ seat of the vehicle.

It was later determined by Officers at the initial scene that the males involved had demanded money from the victim at gunpoint before physically assaulting him. The detained subjects were ultimately taken into custody after admitting to their involvement in the incident and face a host of charges upwards to and including Attempted Armed Robbery.
The circumstances surrounding this incident are still under investigation.
Additional information will be released as it becomes available.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Armed Roddery? I thought I'd be reading about a holdup at a sporting good store that caters to fishermen.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

MKEgal

qball54208 said:
This incident happened just blocks from my home!
I've been posting that same phrase a lot recently, here & on FB...

notice that the report "where a hand gun was brandished"...
No it was displayed for unlawful purposes!
Isn't that kinda the definition of "brandish"?
"1: to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly
2: to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner"

fled from the scene in a dark colored Cadillac... Upon frisking the vehicle Officers located a dark colored handgun under the drivers’ seat of the vehicle.
Whadayawannabet it wasn't unloaded & encased,
& whadayawanna bet they don't get charged with (or at least convicted of) 167.31 & if they went through any "GF"SZ?

subjects were ultimately taken into custody after admitting to their involvement in the incident...
:banghead: Don't talk to cops. Especially when you're guilty, don't talk to cops.

Interceptor_Knight

Oh, notice that the report "where a hand gun was brandished"... No it was displayed for unlawful purposes!.
There is no State "brandishing" Statute but there is a City prohibition. The City of Green Bay Code calls it "display in a threatening manner"...
27.603 WEAPONS (3) POSSESSION OF DANGEROUS OR DEADLY WEAPONS.
(a) Generally Prohibited. Except as reasonably necessary to fulfill the exceptions provided
elsewhere in this ordinance, no person shall carry or transport any bow or crossbow, or conceal about the
person or display in a threatening manner any dangerous or deadly weapon including, but not limited by
enumeration to, martial arts weapons such as throwing stars, swords, or nunchiku; slingshots; knuckles of
lead, brass, or other metals; or a bowie knife, bow, or crossbow; pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun.

Archangel

Darn I clicked in here expecting to read about some kids drag-racing....

"Roddery" ??

:banana::monkey:banana::monkey:banana:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
About to commit armed roddery.........

RickBerry2-web.jpg

Give me all your bait or else!