Thread: NC Maritime Museum in Beaufort?

NC Maritime Museum in Beaufort?

I'm going to be taking my sister and nephew (who are visiting from WV) to the Maritime Museum in Beaufort today (Thursday) and I wondered if anyone knew if it was posted, or qualifies as a "prohibited place". I know it's run by the State, but I'm pretty sure it's not part of the State Park system...

If anyone has any info, please let me know...

I'll also be taking them to Atlantic Beach (if it's not raining), and wondered if anyone knew anything about OC there. I won't be swimming, and I'd rather not leave my gun in the car in some random beach-front parking lot. I carried at Nags Head last summer and didn't have any issues.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

They probably charge admission

Never mind, website says they don't
    Last edited by REDFIVE48; 07-07-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    They probably charge admission

Never mind, website says they don't
    Admission was free, but since it's run by a "state agency", I just left it in the car. I don't know if it counts as a "state park". However, the building is not posted, for what it's worth...

Also locked it up when we visited Ft. Mason, which had some very interesting displays.

But walking around Atlantic Beach and Morehead City and Beaufort, I was OC all day, and not a single issue or comment--not even while OCing on the beach.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-07-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964