• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC Maritime Museum in Beaufort?

Dreamer

I'm going to be taking my sister and nephew (who are visiting from WV) to the Maritime Museum in Beaufort today (Thursday) and I wondered if anyone knew if it was posted, or qualifies as a "prohibited place". I know it's run by the State, but I'm pretty sure it's not part of the State Park system...

If anyone has any info, please let me know...

I'll also be taking them to Atlantic Beach (if it's not raining), and wondered if anyone knew anything about OC there. I won't be swimming, and I'd rather not leave my gun in the car in some random beach-front parking lot. I carried at Nags Head last summer and didn't have any issues.

Dreamer

They probably charge admission :(

Never mind, website says they don't :)

Admission was free, but since it's run by a "state agency", I just left it in the car. I don't know if it counts as a "state park". However, the building is not posted, for what it's worth...

Also locked it up when we visited Ft. Mason, which had some very interesting displays.

But walking around Atlantic Beach and Morehead City and Beaufort, I was OC all day, and not a single issue or comment--not even while OCing on the beach.

Last edited: