Thread: Ezell v. Chicago, 7th Decides - REVERSES District, REMANDS for grant of injunction

Ezell v. Chicago, 7th Decides - REVERSES District, REMANDS for grant of injunction

This is the best read you have for a while.

http://www.ca7.uscourts.gov/tmp/9C0NWF4M.pdf
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Still is a huge crock of **** IMO.
    A $100 to own a gun, and registration.

The council raised concerns about accidental discharge at the ranges. What about the "non-accidental" discharges by criminals that have rampantly plagued the city of Chicago for at least the last 50 years?

This legislation is again, nothing but a sham, and a scam by Chicago politicians to take your money, nothing more now, than a monetary "penalization" to be a gun owning, law abiding american citizen. Seems there's not much difference, to a criminal robbing me, and sticking his hands in my pockets, or if it's done by a Chicago politician, still sounds like robbery to me, and as well an invasion of a citizen's privacy of the right to own, and bear arms
    Last edited by MarkD51; 07-07-2011 at 09:19 AM.

This is a great victory for gun rights. As I read this ruling, bear means more than carry. It means use for proficiency as well.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

This was an excellent decision. The jackals in chicago thumbed their nose at the Supreme Court. Now the Federal Courts have taken that thumb and shoved it in their eye. A good start showing the Gulag that it's not all powerful anymore.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

I'm sorry if my last post was harsh.

Perhaps a step in the right direction, but still seems like too little, too late.

Perhaps though, this has opened a door.

Still sounds like a "play to pay" scheme, where only the rich, and affluent can afford to play, and a considerable amount of red tape, to excersize one's second amendment rights in the windy city.

Maybe still too early to comment on such, but thought I read that range fees will be in the vicinity of $50. That's $50 per visit? Won't surprise me that there will be other strings attached, like "you buy our ammo, our targets, etc etc.

Knowing Chicago quite well, since I was born, and raised there, it wouldn't at all surprise me of an existance of an ongoing continual harrasment of those that choose to use these so called ranges.

To have in your possession a handgun, and ammo, they won;t be sure to determine you as just a person about to visit a range, or on your way to commit a crime.

That there will still be a strong, unwritten handgun ban in effect, and little doubt of things like confiscation of weapons occuring if one doesn't follow their strict rulings to a T.

Sorry if I sound apprehensive, but my suspicions are mostly due to not at all trusting any Chicago Politicians, nor the Chicago Police Dept.
    Last edited by MarkD51; 07-08-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Looking forward to home range practice with a suppressor in my lifetime!