Thread: 79 reports of “gun fire” in Richmond over the July 4th Holiday weekend

79 reports of “gun fire” in Richmond over the July 4th Holiday weekend

I doubt most people can distinguish the difference between gun fire and fireworks, which is a good thing. That says that over all, the majority live in a peaceful society in this country.

Unfortunately, untrained and careless fools are in possession of firearms, legal and otherwise, and think they are the way to resolve disputes.

Responsible gun owners carry openly (as is legal in Virginia) and concealed, and don’t recklessly discharge them.

Many people react strangely when they see someone open carrying. They think “OMG that man has a gun” and call the police.

Hate to tell you this folks, but the idiots that recklessly discharge their guns and “bad guys” DON’T CARRY OPENLY.

Next time you see someone walking down the street or out shopping and they are wearing a gun on their belt, remember, if they were a “bad guy” you would never have seen their gun until they robbed you.

I know, I am preaching to the choir, but I feel the need every once in a while.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Next time you see someone walking down the street or out shopping and they are wearing a gun on their belt, remember, if they were a “bad guy” you would never have seen their gun until they robbed you.
    Seriously, you are telling US this on an OPEN CARRY forum?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Well, he did say he knew he was "preaching to the choir." I'll add a quip from my Deadly Force Seminar: generally, legitimately gun-totin' folks in Virginia don't make enough work for lawyers. They tend to be the most socially-responsible, self-disciplined, and law-abiding people. This is partly what accounts for my "win record" - the only time such people get charged with crimes or sued is when some bozo, whether cop or not, gets a bug up his nether regions just because of the presence of the gun.

I just took a look at the photograph that Ed made Ricky the Waiter do for us at dinner last night. I was thinking in terms of the average Washington Pravda reader thinking to himself, "Those people couldn't possibly have guns on them... they look like such nice folks."
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

I've noticed something... If you wear a cowboy-ish hat, people don't look twice at the gun, even up here in Va. I point out the difference between the 'nice guy' and criminals alot.. You'll see the nice guys gun holstered and you won't see the bad guys gun until it is pointed at your face. (i know I know, cc doesn't work that way, but this is oc so thats the view point I present.)
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    I point out the difference between the 'nice guy' and criminals alot..
    I just wear a shirt to tell them.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Whats up with the green? looks like a fake gun almost. It looks cool.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 07-07-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

There was a lot of multi-colored gunfire by my house on July 4th as well....
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Whats up with the green? looks like a fake gun almost. It looks cool.
    it was designed by a 13 year old girl.

http://olegvolk.net/blog/2011/06/26/...mm-mean-green/

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    it was designed by a 13 year old girl.

http://olegvolk.net/blog/2011/06/26/...mm-mean-green/

I clicked your link from a government computer and the webfilter blocked it under a NUDITY filter...Thanks... I'm waiting for the comm guys to kick in my office door now and haul me off...

That's weak dude! Hell I fired off more than that, out of my maddi on the fourth, Richmond needs to step up,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I clicked your link from a government computer and the webfilter blocked it under a NUDITY filter...Thanks... I'm waiting for the comm guys to kick in my office door now and haul me off...
    Some of Oleg's photos would indeed kick off such a filter, but obviously not all of them. He's been better lately about leaving NSFW pictures off the main blog, but you'd probably have a hard time getting your work IT department to update the filters.

TFred

That "spraypaint" green looks like it's chipping off. I'd suggest having a couple magazines anodized instead.