• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Likely list of states that will recognize the WI license

CalicoJack10

Thanks, I was kinda wondering what states would be on that list. But I was being too lazy to do the footwork. Mainly because I knew it would be up here eventually. I am just glad to see Tennessee on that list as I go there every chance I get.

Lurchiron

Thanks, I was kinda wondering what states would be on that list. But I was being too lazy to do the footwork. Mainly because I knew it would be up here eventually. I am just glad to see Tennessee on that list as I go there every chance I get.

Sounds like all the ones I visit are on there; pack light & carry heavy!!!

Lurchiron

no minnesota

Why would you want to go there; COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate last time I looked they were CLOSED...

View attachment 6218
pencil.png

Lurchiron

Last edited:

Archangel

Does anybody know if they will have any sort of out of state permit system set up.

Even though it looks like I'll be able to carry there with my current permit, The WI one is good in more states than Georgia's.

That would be worth the investment.

MKEgal

Archangel said:
Does anybody know if they will have any sort of out of state permit system set up.
Could you be more specific please?
If you're referring to WI, no, there will be no out-of-state residents holding WI permits, unless they got one while living here then moved.

The WI one is good in more states than Georgia's.
That would be worth the investment.
Unless/until the other states admit they'll honor our permit, I wouldn't get too excited.
I'll have to get a WI permit in order to keep my others, but will probably re-evaluate their overlap as it comes time to renew.
That's several years down the road, & things in re the WI permit should have settled in by then.

MKEgal

protias said:
And all the people who wanted reciprocity because they go to MN won't be able to carry there with a WI permit anyway.
What a bunch of morons who thought a permit automagically means you can carry in another state.
But it works that way for marriage licenses, & driving licenses, & all the actual rights...
:banghead: :cuss: :mad:
Eventually, yes, we'll have national reciprocity for cc licenses just like for marriage & driving.
But I agree that some of the people pushing for a training component didn't understand the issue very well.

protias

But it works that way for marriage licenses, & driving licenses, & all the actual rights...
Eventually, yes, we'll have national reciprocity for cc licenses just like for marriage & driving.
But I agree that some of the people pushing for a training component didn't understand the issue very well.
I firmly believe we will return to liberty eventually (in regard of the right to carry), but it going to take time and a lot of hard work.

Archangel

Could you be more specific please?
If you're referring to WI, no, there will be no out-of-state residents holding WI permits, unless they got one while living here then moved.
That's what I meant. Is there any avenue for out of state residents, like Utah does.

Ah well...

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

As long as they pass reciprocity under the "Full faith and credit" clause I wouldn't have a problem. If they try any other junk it's a 10A issue waiting to happen. Oh, and in this case, the antis will be staunch 10A supporters of course. Oh, and the Republicans will ignore the 10A issue in this case.

A lot of the republicans won't like the "full faith and credit" option because it could mean that gay marriage licenses must be recognized by states that don't want them. Well, too bad. The government should be the hell out of marriage as it's none of their fricken business.

Oh, I'm ranting again....... back to the regularly scheduled program.