Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Likely list of states that will recognize the WI license

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Likely list of states that will recognize the WI license

Received this from an assistant to Senator Grothman:

Likely list of states that will recognize the WI license.

AL
    AK
    AZ
    AR
    CO
    DE
    GA
    IA
    ID
    IN
    KS
    KY
    LA
    MI
    MS
    MO
    MT
    NE
    NH
    NM
    NC
    ND
    OH
    OK
    PA
    SC
    SD
    TN
    TX
    UT
    VA
    WV
    WY
    FL

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Wink Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Received this from an assistant to Senator Grothman:
    So, counting ourselves, that's 35 states; pretty impressive!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Thanks, I was kinda wondering what states would be on that list. But I was being too lazy to do the footwork. Mainly because I knew it would be up here eventually. I am just glad to see Tennessee on that list as I go there every chance I get.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Thanks, I was kinda wondering what states would be on that list. But I was being too lazy to do the footwork. Mainly because I knew it would be up here eventually. I am just glad to see Tennessee on that list as I go there every chance I get.
    Sounds like all the ones I visit are on there; pack light & carry heavy!!!
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    no minnesota
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    no minnesota
    Right, MN has a higher training standard than WI so will not recognize our permit. You can easily get a MN permit if you need to travel there.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

no minnesota
    Why would you want to go there; COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate last time I looked they were CLOSED...

Attachment 6218
    Bale da Hay

no minnesota
    And all the people who wanted reciprocity because they go to MN won't be able to carry there with a WI permit anyways. What a bunch of morons who thought a permit automagically means you can carry in another state.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    And all the people who wanted reciprocity because they go to MN won't be able to carry there with a WI permit anyways. What a bunch of morons who thought a permit automagically means you can carry in another state.
    Dude...don't say automagically; Cap'n Tune-up is one butt-ugly guy in that commercial...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...VR5&FORM=LKVR8
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 07-07-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Bale da Hay

Wowser!

My Utah permit adds Minnesota and Washington; so counting the CC states I'll be able to carry in 38 states! Wowser!

Last edited by davegran; 07-07-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Does anybody know if they will have any sort of out of state permit system set up.

Even though it looks like I'll be able to carry there with my current permit, The WI one is good in more states than Georgia's.

That would be worth the investment.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Awwe.... How come Illinois isn't on the list?

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Awwe.... How come Illinois isn't on the list?

because they have uncostitutional carry
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Does anybody know if they will have any sort of out of state permit system set up.
    Could you be more specific please?
    If you're referring to WI, no, there will be no out-of-state residents holding WI permits, unless they got one while living here then moved.

The WI one is good in more states than Georgia's.
    That would be worth the investment.
    Unless/until the other states admit they'll honor our permit, I wouldn't get too excited.
    I'll have to get a WI permit in order to keep my others, but will probably re-evaluate their overlap as it comes time to renew.
    That's several years down the road, & things in re the WI permit should have settled in by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    And all the people who wanted reciprocity because they go to MN won't be able to carry there with a WI permit anyway.
    What a bunch of morons who thought a permit automagically means you can carry in another state.
    But it works that way for marriage licenses, & driving licenses, & all the actual rights...

Eventually, yes, we'll have national reciprocity for cc licenses just like for marriage & driving.
    But I agree that some of the people pushing for a training component didn't understand the issue very well.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    But it works that way for marriage licenses, & driving licenses, & all the actual rights...

Eventually, yes, we'll have national reciprocity for cc licenses just like for marriage & driving.
    But I agree that some of the people pushing for a training component didn't understand the issue very well.
    I firmly believe we will return to liberty eventually (in regard of the right to carry), but it going to take time and a lot of hard work.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Could you be more specific please?
    If you're referring to WI, no, there will be no out-of-state residents holding WI permits, unless they got one while living here then moved.
    That's what I meant. Is there any avenue for out of state residents, like Utah does.

Ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I firmly believe we will return to liberty eventually (in regard of the right to carry), but it going to take time and a lot of hard work.
    Not to mention all the tar & feathers, manilla rope, rails and all the other components of a good 'Ol citizens action group...

Attachment 6223
    Bale da Hay

Last edited by davegran; 07-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

As long as they pass reciprocity under the "Full faith and credit" clause I wouldn't have a problem. If they try any other junk it's a 10A issue waiting to happen. Oh, and in this case, the antis will be staunch 10A supporters of course. Oh, and the Republicans will ignore the 10A issue in this case.

A lot of the republicans won't like the "full faith and credit" option because it could mean that gay marriage licenses must be recognized by states that don't want them. Well, too bad. The government should be the hell out of marriage as it's none of their fricken business.

Oh, I'm ranting again....... back to the regularly scheduled program.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Thanks for the list Paul. Hope it holds up. I live 20 miles East of St. Pauls so the missing Minnesota (aka midwest California) entry does concern me. Minnesota does not have a constitutionaal right to keep and bear arms amendment in it's state constitution. One of only six states that don't. Even Illinois has one. That means carry of firearms in Minnesota is strictly a state issued privilege. Don't know if that is a factor in not recognizing a WI permit or not. Probably only one of a number. With the feelings of animosity between the two states in this area this is possibly going to be a hard thing to change. I wonder where Gene German is concerning this issue. Seems like he has some work to do in his home state now.

Don't forget that even though a Wisconsin permit may be accepted in all the states listed federal law still prohibits concealed carry in the 1000 foot school zone of all those states except those you hold a permit for. Even though the new CC law in Wisconsin implies that a out of state permit holder who holds a permit from a state recognized by Wisconsin enjoys the same benefits as a resident holder, that position has not been acknowledged by the federal goverment. The federal GFSZ has got to go. It effectively nullifies carry of loaded concealed firearms in many large cities. Places where carry of firearms for personal protection is most needed. Just look at the GFSZ overlap in Milwaukee.

Centurion

Wisconsin Could Become the GoTo State for out of state Permits

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    That's what I meant. Is there any avenue for out of state residents, like Utah does.

Ah well...
    With the way Wisconsin has structured the law that Governor Walker is scheduled to sign tomorrow, Wisconsin is set up, with a small amount of effort, to become the first choice for people to get out of state permits.

True, Wisconsin does not have a provision for out of state permits at present; but this obstacle could easlily be overcome next session, as people point out that the only purpose served by it is to deprive Wisconsin of an easily obtainable revenue stream. Wisconsin could easily add three to five million a year to its revenue, perhaps much more, by that simple change.

Advantages for a Wisconsin out of state permit:

1. No time consuming and expensive photographs required.

2. Easily met training requirements with no established training base (such as in Utah) to lobby against the out of state permits.

3. No time consuming and expensive fingerprints required. The same background check applies when buying a gun from a shop.

4. Reasonable fees. The $50 fee and $25 fee for applicaiton and renewal for five years are some of the best in the nation.

5. Some of the best reciprocity of any of the permits in the 49 states that have permits.

6. Applying for the original permit and renewal will be easily done by mail.

7. Some of the best privacy protections for the permit information in the United States.

8. If Wisconsin adds constitutional carry, there is no reason for the out of state permit numbers to be reduced. It would enhance Wisconsin's image as a state moving toward restoring of constitutional rights.

I would apply for a Wisconsin permit in an instant, if I were eligible, but being an Arizona resident, I am not allowed to do so under the law to be signed tomorrow.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post

Is that a modified map starting with your Non-Resident Utah permit, and adding the proposed states that are listed above?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    With the way Wisconsin has structured the law that Governor Walker is scheduled to sign tomorrow, Wisconsin is set up, with a small amount of effort, to become the first choice for people to get out of state permits.

True, Wisconsin does not have a provision for out of state permits at present; but this obstacle could easlily be overcome next session, as people point out that the only purpose served by it is to deprive Wisconsin of an easily obtainable revenue stream. Wisconsin could easily add three to five million a year to its revenue, perhaps much more, by that simple change.

Advantages for a Wisconsin out of state permit:

1. No time consuming and expensive photographs required.

2. Easily met training requirements with no established training base (such as in Utah) to lobby against the out of state permits.

3. No time consuming and expensive fingerprints required. The same background check applies when buying a gun from a shop.

4. Reasonable fees. The $50 fee and $25 fee for applicaiton and renewal for five years are some of the best in the nation.

5. Some of the best reciprocity of any of the permits in the 49 states that have permits.

6. Applying for the original permit and renewal will be easily done by mail.

7. Some of the best privacy protections for the permit information in the United States.

8. If Wisconsin adds constitutional carry, there is no reason for the out of state permit numbers to be reduced. It would enhance Wisconsin's image as a state moving toward restoring of constitutional rights.

I would apply for a Wisconsin permit in an instant, if I were eligible, but being an Arizona resident, I am not allowed to do so under the law to be signed tomorrow.
    Once again, no thank. Next session, repeal WI permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlude View Post
    Is that a modified map starting with your Non-Resident Utah permit, and adding the proposed states that are listed above?
    Yes. Isn't all the blue and green pretty?
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast