Thread: Permit wait times in Washington County

Permit wait times in Washington County

Does anyone know if there is any reason for the processing taking the whole 45 days? The last time I renewed it took about a week. And that was the length I had others tell me it took them. From the way the girl at the clerk's office acted, I am wondering if it is a deliberate attempt to drag out the process. She said they had to mail it to the Commonwealth Attorney, them they mail it to the Sheriff, then back to the Clerk, then the judge signs it. Thats probably a week or more just in dead time due to mailing the forms instead of just hand delivering them. Goverment inefficiency.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    It takes a little extra time to record your soul with the head honker in the underworld.

Thumbs down Kind of weird all these folks complaining about their permits on a OpenCarry site.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadW View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any reason for the processing taking the whole 45 days? The last time I renewed it took about a week. And that was the length I had others tell me it took them. From the way the girl at the clerk's office acted, I am wondering if it is a deliberate attempt to drag out the process. She said they had to mail it to the Commonwealth Attorney, them they mail it to the Sheriff, then back to the Clerk, then the judge signs it. Thats probably a week or more just in dead time due to mailing the forms instead of just hand delivering them. Goverment inefficiency.
    The law allows them 45 days, so they can and will consume it if they wish.
    On day 46 you should appear at the clerks office and politely demand your permit/temp permit.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin