• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit wait times in Washington County

ChadW

Does anyone know if there is any reason for the processing taking the whole 45 days? The last time I renewed it took about a week. And that was the length I had others tell me it took them. From the way the girl at the clerk's office acted, I am wondering if it is a deliberate attempt to drag out the process. She said they had to mail it to the Commonwealth Attorney, them they mail it to the Sheriff, then back to the Clerk, then the judge signs it. Thats probably a week or more just in dead time due to mailing the forms instead of just hand delivering them. Goverment inefficiency.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It takes a little extra time to record your soul with the head honker in the underworld.:uhoh:

Marco

Kind of weird all these folks complaining about their permits on a OpenCarry site.

Does anyone know if there is any reason for the processing taking the whole 45 days? The last time I renewed it took about a week. And that was the length I had others tell me it took them. From the way the girl at the clerk's office acted, I am wondering if it is a deliberate attempt to drag out the process. She said they had to mail it to the Commonwealth Attorney, them they mail it to the Sheriff, then back to the Clerk, then the judge signs it. Thats probably a week or more just in dead time due to mailing the forms instead of just hand delivering them. Goverment inefficiency.

The law allows them 45 days, so they can and will consume it if they wish.
On day 46 you should appear at the clerks office and politely demand your permit/temp permit.