• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Wausau Meeting TONIGHT!!

qball54208

I just spoke to Council Member Thomas De Wane, he did state that Green Bay WILL NOT be taking anything up on CC!
President
2535 Delwood Drive
Green Bay, WI 54302
email Tom

Serving since: 2006

Serves on: Protection & Welfare, Housing Authority, Advisory

HandyHamlet

Any and all 2nd Amendment people should be contacted to be at this hearing because the Anti-CCW and the Anti-Walker people WILL be there.

If anyone is looking for veggie stir fry or grilled pita served up by braless earth tarts, this is the place to be!

Interceptor_Knight

I just spoke to Council Member Thomas De Wane, he did state that Green Bay WILL NOT be taking anything up on CC!
President
2535 Delwood Drive
Green Bay, WI 54302
email Tom

Serving since: 2006

Serves on: Protection & Welfare, Housing Authority, Advisory

I wouldn't expect them to. A couple of years ago after our OC picnic, the majority of the council essentially told the 3 members in support of an Open Carry ban in Parks and Greenways (Jerry Wiezbiskie, Amy Kocha and Celestine Jefferys), that they were being ridiculous and we do not need any more 2A infringement around here. They do not want to waste their time again even though Mayor Schmitz and Chief Arts would support a ban of all firearm carry within city limits.

HandyHamlet

My pleasure. I searched "Madison" via Google and found this.

Patchouli oil is considered personal hygiene.
Dreads.
Loose fitting, shapeless, light garments often mistaken for shop rags.
Bare feet and kankle tats.
Disdain for breeders, meat eaters, and lovers of the Constitution.

I kid. Comparing hippies to WAVE is not really fair to hippies.

oak1971

I'm in favor of certain parts of the hippie platform. Free love and naked chicks are great until you figure out they are smelly, disease ridden, and only put out in exchange for controlled substances.:eek:

phred

Seems that the Wausau City Council got cold feet tonight and decided to take it up at another time, LOLOL.

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20110707/WDH0101/110707108/Update-Wausau-committee-postpones-discussion-concealed-weapons-policies
I sat through almost an hour of blabber on the first three topics. When they got to #4 and saw me in my WCI T-shirt with a folder full of papers, they decided to table the issue. ;>) Actually, the city attorney who was present said she wasn't prepared to discuss the impact of the new law on the current ordinances. I still got a piece in though, telling them that 66.0409 made their old ordinances obsolete and the new bill would maintain that status. I gave the Committee Chair my WCI card and asked her to let me know when they would actually be discussing the issue. She said she would.

Now you know the rest of the story....

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Have you noticed that AP is still saying that cc in a school zone is still unlawful?

... and that news story says "small knives" can be carried. Not sure where the "small" comes from. The bill doesn't allow long guns to be concealed, but nothing prohibits long blades.

I believe this bill would allow a sword cane to be carried.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I sat through almost an hour of blabber on the first three topics. When they got to #4 and saw me in my WCI T-shirt with a folder full of papers, they decided to table the issue. ;>) Actually, the city attorney who was present said she wasn't prepared to discuss the impact of the new law on the current ordinances. I still got a piece in though, telling them that 66.0409 made their old ordinances obsolete and the new bill would maintain that status. I gave the Committee Chair my WCI card and asked her to let me know when they would actually be discussing the issue. She said she would.

Now you know the rest of the story....

Phred, you're just an intimidating guy.

BROKENSPROKET

... and that news story says "small knives" can be carried. Not sure where the "small" comes from. The bill doesn't allow long guns to be concealed, but nothing prohibits long blades.

I believe this bill would allow a sword cane to be carried.

I am really curious if I can carry nun chucku inside my jacket like I did in high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULOMyXpPKNc
I was a little better than this guy.

Last edited: