• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preparation for WI concealed carry is gonna be painful... (kinda)

apierce918

Well, I already plan on mainly carrying my EMP for concealment, but is 1 ever enough?

what if I am wearing lighter clothing?
what if I am in dress clothes?
what if my holster doesnt match my shoes?!

(that's what was presented to the wife :) )

So I bought a backup gun. I'm pretty excited to put some rounds down range, but after messing with it some more around the house, I think it will fit in just fine.
IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

Last edited:

Elysium

Bought the same gun back in March in anticipation of CC. Great gun. Love mine. Not bad for a backup or a main carry. Don't let anyone tell you a .380 has no stopping power. I havn't found any volunteers to take a shot from one. Plus its much more effective then the .45 you left in your dresser back at home. After watching some Speer gold dots tear up some ballistic gel I was convinced and would trust my life to it.

Vandil

I've got one of those too I call it my suit and slacks piece. Wish the mags were more reasonably priced, nothing special about them other than they're hard to find.

Veratten

I don't understand why I hear people talking bad about .380s. I have had so many people including dealers tell me they are too small. I have fired them a few times and no I don't want to be the person in the way of one. Looking at picking up a walther for my own back up.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Get a Crossbreed Supertuck. I have carried my full size FNP-40 in dress clothes with the shirt tucked in. You can't see a thing. Plus the holster work for most outfits you might wear.

safcrkr

Nice gun! Buffalo Bore .380 Auto +P Ammo - 100 gr. Hardcast F.N. (1150fps/ M.E. 294 ft. lbs.) is reputed to be the most effective self-defense .380 round.

I might use that in my Beretta 84 or my Bersa Thunder... but not in my Kel-Tec P3AT. I've got Corbon self-defense loads in the P3AT... and they hurt. 100gr at 1,150? Ouch!!!

apierce918

Get a Crossbreed Supertuck. I have carried my full size FNP-40 in dress clothes with the shirt tucked in. You can't see a thing. Plus the holster work for most outfits you might wear.

I had one of those with my XD, I have filled out some and dont want another IWB holster and have to get new pants again, lol

protias

Bought the same gun back in March in anticipation of CC. Great gun. Love mine. Not bad for a backup or a main carry. Don't let anyone tell you a .380 has no stopping power. I havn't found any volunteers to take a shot from one. Plus its much more effective then the .45 you left in your dresser back at home. After watching some Speer gold dots tear up some ballistic gel I was convinced and would trust my life to it.

.380 doesn't do much. Barely any penetration.

[video=youtube;B-oF1lmn9mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oF1lmn9mg&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

[video=youtube;B_MmREJxM_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MmREJxM_E[/video]

[video=youtube;AD4Z5hKg8zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4Z5hKg8zs[/video]

Vandil

I might use that in my Beretta 84 or my Bersa Thunder... but not in my Kel-Tec P3AT. I've got Corbon self-defense loads in the P3AT... and they hurt. 100gr at 1,150? Ouch!!!

A box of those through the S&W would leave you just like that, ouch. Soar hand the next day the gun is so thin. I usually shoot the Remington Express 95gr and load the Speer Gold Dot for desk duty.

Isn't the p3at only rated for shooting +p occasionally? Not sure I'd want to dump the BB through one regularly just because of that.

safcrkr

Preparing for CC will be painful in the pocketbook for a lot of people. I can't believe the amount of people I know who have plenty of suitable pistols... and not a single decent holster. My main carry guns will be Glock 19 and Springfield Ultra Compact 1911. I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Blackhawk Serpa for the G19, and a Galco PLE paddle for the 1911... but that's because I've been CCing in other states for 8 years now.

But I'm kinda short on holsters myself for a few guns I might carry (P3AT, Kel Tec P11, Beretta 84, full-size Colt 1991). Finding holsters for certain "non-popular" pistols in a LH version is impossible. So I'm going to start making my own. I ordered some kydex from knivekits.com, along with some screws and rivets, and I bought some sheets of leather at a flea market last week. Today I built a kydex "press", and bought a $20 toaster oven at Walmart to heat it to a pliable form. Just waiting for my kydex to arrive tomorrow, so I can build a "crossbreed" type LH holster for my Kel-Tec P11, and also one for my Ultra Compact 1911. Also going to "experiment" with a small LH holster for the K-T P3AT, with a secure belt clip, like my cellphone holster. I've got a Nemesis pocket holster for it, but I've got enough crap in my pockets, and taking it out while sitting is impossible.

Elysium

.380 doesn't do much. Barely any penetration.

[video=youtube;B-oF1lmn9mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oF1lmn9mg&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

[video=youtube;B_MmREJxM_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MmREJxM_E[/video]

[video=youtube;AD4Z5hKg8zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4Z5hKg8zs[/video]

You didn't watch the 2nd vid you posted. 16" of penetration. Granted it didn't hit bone like the Hornady did, but it did go thru four layers of denim. Also these are hollow points. They are made to expand and stop in the body, not shoot thru it.

protias

You didn't watch the 2nd vid you posted. 16" of penetration. Granted it didn't hit bone like the Hornady did, but it did go thru four layers of denim. Also these are hollow points. They are made to expand and stop in the body, not shoot thru it.
I did. Look at the third round. It did not expand very well. The expansion was not consistent between all three rounds shot.

wild boar

I did. Look at the third round. It did not expand very well. The expansion was not consistent between all three rounds shot.

WOW, that first video, you sure have put on a few pounds since then. Hardly recognized you :lol: boar out.

Glockface

.380 worked just fine for that Milwaukee tow truck driver getting robbed by 2 BG'S on 93st and silver spring rd.

Elysium

Your right that round would just tickle and bounce off. BANG! Tee-Hee!