• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of our members needs our help

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hopefully this is going to be understood by our Administrator because it's important. A little long winded too:uhoh:

A couple of weeks ago, I had a puncture wound in my chest. That's not unusual, I'm always cutting myself. It got infected, pretty badly and I was down for a few days.

Grapeshot kept up with me to make sure I wasn't dead and then one day he PM'ed me that he was afraid he would have to check into MCV that evening.

Now Grapeshot dislikes hospitals almost as much as I do, so I knew it was serious. He did go there. Tests were done, surgery was performed and then a long (By my standards) observation period in the hospital. He didn't get any better so a second operation was done, this one with a little more hacking than the first.

All the time Skidmark was holding his hand, Diane was by his side, his Son was taking care of matters at his house and once in a while, I'd go get him in trouble with the Tobacco Cops.

He was finally released this week and is recovering at his Son's home.

Grapeshot has never discussed his financial situation with me other than the normal griping that we older people do as far as complaining about how it's getting harder to lift this or drive nails straight.

I did have my suspicions though and after losing a couple of weeks of work plus some hospital time, it appears my suspicions were correct.
He has some financial troubles that will take some fixing. Even though I've discussed this with him, he's still unhappy about my posting this.

He has some property tax issues, hospital bills, utility bills and other outstanding bills. He won't be able to do much in the way of work anymore and has applied for Social Security. That will take some time to start. This is pretty serious.

Grape is a friend, a darn good friend but even if I didn't know him, I'd know his reputation of being one of the hardest working activists in this state.
He's also a moderating force that bridges the gap between those sides with zero tolerance.:uhoh:
He's given a tremendous amount to us...now he needs some support.

His family is doing all they can but he still needs additional help.
I'm not going to ask for donations. I know every person here is feeling the squeeze these days, including myself....but I dug in the sugar jar and am sending him a hundred dollars.
At this point, even five or ten dollars makes a big difference.

Diane is working out some way to collect funds that people wish to send. She hasn't finished that yet but if this post stays up, I'll post it as soon as I know.

I'm going to finish this by saying that I know many of you have your own crosses to bear. This isn't a contest or even an obligation. Good wishes, fellowship and prayers are better than cash. For those that can shoot a box less of ammo one week, it will be appreciated more than you know.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Please let us know the best way to donate. I'm sure a bunch of people here will want to help Grapeshot. Should we PM you?

DrakeZ07

I might not know the parties involved, and am still new to this place, but the post you made caught my attention; I'd be glad to offer some funds and my prayers... Just point me in the right direction.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Just let me know where to send a donation, and money will be on the way. It won't be much, because I'm so broke I can barely pay attention any more. But I'll send what little I can, and try to do more in coming days.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

HeroHog

Just talked to the wife, just as soon as she gets paid for some work she did, we WILL contribute! We have been there and done that and know the pain and "shame" you feel (real or not) and getting your deserved Social Security Disability can be a long hard process! It took us over a year and a half to get my disability through and all during that time my ONLY income was my 10% VA Disability that we did get bumped to 20% about 6 months into the ordeal.

Hang in there Grapeshot! You have a lot of people out here who respect and support you sir!

Grapejuice

Donating to Grapeshot

Greetings all! This is Grapeshot's Daughter-in-Law. While I'm not active on the forum, some of you may recall my participation in the Nightline interview that took place at the VCDL picnic held in Newport News.

On behalf of Grapeshot and our family, we can't possibly express in words how much your support means. We've been deeply touched and feel extremely lucky to be associated with such an extraordinary group of people. To simply say "Thank You" just isn't enough-the impact of the kindness shown is too profound. God bless you all!

For those who wish to donate to the "Grapeshot Assistance Fund", below is a link that will direct you to a secure Paypal connection. Donations are being accepted through "Sharp Office Solutions LLC" on behalf of Grapeshot. You are not required to have a Paypal account in order to donate.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7ZUS8QM76UF6C

Please feel free to contact me through my forum profile with any questions or concerns. The biggest of "THANK YOUS" to you all for your words and acts of kindness!!!!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks again everyone!
I don't know many of you. You're either new here or in a different location. Agent19 is an old friend and I'm not a bit surprised to see him jump in.

HeroHog, I'm especially moved by your interest. No reason to get into the reasons...Just thanks!

The gun community and I'm talking about the true believers, is especially tight. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that's very seldom made public. I have friends that have health problems, many extremely serious, one recently let me know he was diagnosed with bone cancer, but most are still able to work.

The outpouring of support that goes on when one of us can't work or an emergency comes up, reaffirms my faith in people that I often come close to losing.

I'll bow out of this now and let Grapeshot's Daughter in law take over.

Thank you again!

DoubleTap

Thank you!!

I am also overwhelmed by the support shown here. Nap, thanks so much for your introductory post on Grape's behalf. Your comments are so thoughtful, ETC. Words can't express how much it is appreciated. And, "Grapejuice" (love the screen name chosen), your expression of thanks is so beautifully written.

What a fantastic group of folks on this forum- near and far - just amazing. Thank you all so much for your kindness.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully this is going to be understood by our Administrator because it's important.

Not only is it understood but encouraged as well. Grapeshot has worked tirelessly for both gun rights in general and open carry in particular and I am proud to call him a friend!

I will send a donation as well!

John

blade10

Peter said "Grape is a friend, a darn good friend but even if I didn't know him, I'd know his reputation of being one of the hardest working activists in this state. He's also a moderating force that bridges the gap between those sides with zero tolerance. He's given a tremendous amount to us...now he needs some support."

I dont know Grape, but I have read and seen nothing here that makes me think anything of him short of being a respectable man. We all have our ups and downs so I hope my donation and prayers will be of help. (feel free to PM me if you would like the name of the paypal account I used in order associate it with my screen name here.)

Guys, I know Grape isnt alone. Please dont take this as spam/hijacking the thread, but now seems to be a good time to mention a program called "Angel Food." The church I go to participates in this program, and I am a regular purchaser of the food. Basically, you are buying the food - its not a hand out - and you pre-order for a set delivery date. When the day comes you pick up your order. Order enough for a week, or 6 months, its up to you. for 40 bucks you get about 80 bucks worth of food. Please consider checking it out. The website is www.angelfoodministries.com . There are no requirements, it is for the rich and poor alike. You can even donate boxes to churches that will in turn be donated to needy families. BTW, I am in no way affiliated with Angel Food, other than being a volunteer at my church and a customer. Hope it helps some people...

Good Luck, Grape!

Regards.
Blade

Mr H

Hopefully this is going to be understood by our Administrator because it's important. A little long winded too:uhoh:

A couple of weeks ago, I had a puncture wound in my chest. That's not unusual, I'm always cutting myself. It got infected, pretty badly and I was down for a few days.

Grapeshot kept up with me to make sure I wasn't dead and then one day he PM'ed me that he was afraid he would have to check into MCV that evening.

Now Grapeshot dislikes hospitals almost as much as I do, so I knew it was serious. He did go there. Tests were done, surgery was performed and then a long (By my standards) observation period in the hospital. He didn't get any better so a second operation was done, this one with a little more hacking than the first.

All the time Skidmark was holding his hand, Diane was by his side, his Son was taking care of matters at his house and once in a while, I'd go get him in trouble with the Tobacco Cops.

He was finally released this week and is recovering at his Son's home.

Grapeshot has never discussed his financial situation with me other than the normal griping that we older people do as far as complaining about how it's getting harder to lift this or drive nails straight.

I did have my suspicions though and after losing a couple of weeks of work plus some hospital time, it appears my suspicions were correct.
He has some financial troubles that will take some fixing. Even though I've discussed this with him, he's still unhappy about my posting this.

He has some property tax issues, hospital bills, utility bills and other outstanding bills. He won't be able to do much in the way of work anymore and has applied for Social Security. That will take some time to start. This is pretty serious.

Grape is a friend, a darn good friend but even if I didn't know him, I'd know his reputation of being one of the hardest working activists in this state.
He's also a moderating force that bridges the gap between those sides with zero tolerance.:uhoh:
He's given a tremendous amount to us...now he needs some support.

His family is doing all they can but he still needs additional help.
I'm not going to ask for donations. I know every person here is feeling the squeeze these days, including myself....but I dug in the sugar jar and am sending him a hundred dollars.
At this point, even five or ten dollars makes a big difference.

Diane is working out some way to collect funds that people wish to send. She hasn't finished that yet but if this post stays up, I'll post it as soon as I know.

I'm going to finish this by saying that I know many of you have your own crosses to bear. This isn't a contest or even an obligation. Good wishes, fellowship and prayers are better than cash. For those that can shoot a box less of ammo one week, it will be appreciated more than you know.

Painful to hear... I know GS is a tireless worker for the cause, and is held in great regard by many here (myself included, even though I've never met any of you).

If you or his DIL can PM me or post an address and a "Pay to the Order of" for this, I'm more than happy to send off a check to help.

Plus, you're all getting the best thoughts I can muster.

Curmudgeon

PayPal just sent.

In addition to the energy GrapeShot puts into the 2A community in Virginia, he has also come all the way up to Pennsylvania to show support. That's quite a drive, and some serious dedication.

I sincerely hope our combined efforts help him and his family in a meaningful way.

Good luck Dale.