• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of our members needs our help

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
This needs to be on the Virgina Page.

I just sent my donation. I've had the good fortune to meet with Dale and I can tell the rest of you all, he is a really special guy. Then again, I guess you know that from his posts!

Peter, shouldn't your thread be repeated on the Virginia page? You'll catch a flood of support from the people there.... Stand back!

My best wishes to you Dale. You're an Open Carry Emeritus guy and we need your wisdom and counsel.

Jim

2a4all

Sorry to hear about your difficulty, Grapeshot.

If you are applying for Social Security, I assume it's Retirement, not Disability. Retirement is fairly quick, as opposed to Disability, which can take up to two years. If you haven't already done so, apply for Medicare (I know you're at least 65.) There are a number of Part B Supplemental policies available at competitive rates, and many also offer a Part D (prescription drugs) plan.

Unfortunately, Medicare won't pay for expenses incurred prior to enrollment, but if you're going to be dealing with this for the long haul, you'll find it indispensible.

I've been managing my wife's medical issues for almost 5 years now, and it's what has kept us solvent.

swinokur

Activist Member
Donation being sent. Hope you guys don't mind if I post this in the VA forum over on Maryland Shooters Forum

Grape has always been a calming influence here when things get heated. A true Virginia Genntleman

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Done

Have met Grapeshot a number of times as well as on the board and have the deepest respect for him. Donation sent and my prayers are with him. Grape get well soon.

USNA69

We've got your back, GS. Donation just sent thru PP.

Now do your part: Take care of yourself; let others help you do that; get back in the game.

willow140

sent what I could

Have read alot of grapeshot in these forums and they always inform me and make me think.

best wishes praying for you.

Thank You

lincomores

I was off of work, due to a work injury, for 8 months just a few years ago.
As soon as I could, I got back on my feet but only thanks to those extended a hand up.
I hope all goes well for you! Donation Sent

lincomores
Troy, MO

coondog22554

Every forum has two or three members whose posts I read no matter the subject because I respect their knowledge, experience and insight. Grapeshot is one of those members. Consider my donation as a partial payment for the knowledge and guidance I've received as a member of opencarry.org.

Get well soon!

AtackDuck

Pay Pal yeuuuck

Done . I think. Maybe.
I hate Pay Pal.
I guess I'll have to wait to see it worked. If it didn't, I'll try again...

Get well GS and best to the family.

Well there's my miracle for the day! It went through.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Done . I think. Maybe.
I hate Pay Pal.

Most of us hate PayPal for their anti-gun policies. Some of us hate PayPal even more for some of the other tomfoolery they have done when playing with "our" money.

But in spite of all this, we get some small amount of shedenfreude when using them to fund gun-positive activities. As big a PITA as Grapeshot can be (and as a friend he can be an immense PITA) he is a gun-positive activity.

Thanks, folks.

stay safe.

Grapejuice

Grapeshot Assistance - Where to send checks and/or money orders

I've been made aware that there are questions in regards to where checks and/or money orders can be sent in support of Grapeshot. Following is the information:

Checks and money orders can be made payable to "Grapeshot Assistance Fund"

The checks are being directed through the following law firm and can be mailed to this address:

Billy & Seli, P.C.
4121 Cox Road, Suite 107
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Attn: Office Manager

The funds through Paypal are being processed through an account named "Sharp Office Solutions, LLC", which is an account that belongs to me (and has been long established).

I apologize for not posting this information sooner! My time has been slightly limited as Grapeshot is recovering at our house & has kept me hopping!

We are pleased with the response to date from everyone who has donated money and shown their support. A lot of tears shed here, that's for sure. We'll never be able to thank all of you enough. Never.

Grapejuice

45acpForMe

<snip> He won't be able to do much in the way of work anymore and ... <snip>

Grapeshot was still working???? I thought he had long since retired and been volunteering for VCDL full time!?

Anyway, donation and a prayer sent.

Hope to see Grapeshot at a future OC dinner.

PS: I also love the username "Grapejuice" for his daughter. :lol: