• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question regarding CC/OC

bluehighways

I am wondering this: When my wife and I get our shiny new Wisconsin CC permits, will we be able to enjoy the new privileges afforded us by being permit holders and still OC?

Another, perhaps more direct way to ask this question: We live in a GFSZ. Playing by the rules, I get the permit, carry my permit card and a photo ID, and want to go for a walk in my GFSZ neighborhood. Must I conceal, or do I have the option of OC or CC ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify this for me.

Mlutz

(Is wondering if anyone reads anymore... Or uses the search function...) Yes, with a permit you will be able to oc in a school zone. Just not on school grounds.

markush

If you read this NRA Fact Sheet http://www.nramedia.org/t/111405/6322815/5405/0/, unless they changed it, it only mentions the Class B misdemeanor penalty if a non-permit holder carries in a GFSZ. There are many other posts within the first couple of pages in this forum that would give you the complete story, along with reading SB93 itself.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Hmm...maybe bluehighways just enjoys interacting with people, rather than a search engine.

Lighten up!

It's not about giving anyone a hard time...well mabye it is. It's because questions like this get asked and answered again and again and again. Since there is a search function it just gets kind of annoying; that's all. Not only that, but all of this stuff is availlable in print.

If some members wouldn't guilt people into finally using the search function we'd have a full page of threads with simple questions every day. In fact, this forum is actually pretty laid back about the whole deal to a certain point. Most forums have voracious "search function nazi's". :lol:

Last edited:

Wolf1477

I'm typically a "search function nazi" (good term BrassMagnet), but, do to the fact that it's been made almost completely useless by the mandatory "Captcha" that 99/100 times I either can't read or have the right keyboard to enter the funky symbols into, so I don't really blame 'im for asking the question.

Not to mention it gives us something to do in between mocking SNERTs and watching the soap opera ("As Our Stomach Turns") that is our government...oh wait, those may actually be the same thing<g>

IcrewUH60

[...] but, do to the fact that it's been made almost completely useless by the mandatory "Captcha" that 99/100 times I either can't read or have the right keyboard to enter the funky symbols into, so I don't really blame 'im for asking the question.[...]

I just ran a "search" on the words "learn how to read" (for some reason "learn how to read/search" was too long of an input string)

results: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/search.php?searchid=254633

It took me two attempts to get the captcha phrase correct.
It took 4.92 seconds to return 20 topics.
None of those topics were the original post I copied the words from.

I wish the "search" function was much more useful. But it's just a wish.

added on edit: CORRECTION. I was wrong. It did return the original post: "Governor Walker to Sign Wisconsin Carry Bill Today"

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I'm typically a "search function nazi" (good term BrassMagnet), but, do to the fact that it's been made almost completely useless by the mandatory "Captcha" that 99/100 times I either can't read or have the right keyboard to enter the funky symbols into, so I don't really blame 'im for asking the question.

Not to mention it gives us something to do in between mocking SNERTs and watching the soap opera ("As Our Stomach Turns") that is our government...oh wait, those may actually be the same thing<g>

I've used it several times today (and made a thread in the FAQ section asking about it's unfriendlyness) and it doesn't use CAPCHA; at least not right now. I think it may have been turned on once or twice before, probably during forum updates.

I'm with you on the CAPCHA being hard as hell to read!

ETA: Maybe I'm not getting the CAPCHA B.S. because I'm using the forums.opencarry.com domain instead of .org. Give it a try guys.

Last edited: