Thread: Blair Hardware: Employees can carry

Centurion

Blair Hardware: Employees can carry

In anticipation of the newly reformed weapons law in Wisconsin, Blair Hardware Inc. employees have been informed that their right to bear arms will not be infringed at work. Blair Hardware Inc. is a medium sized buisiness in southeastern Wisconsin with four hardware stores and over a hundred employees.

On June 28th, during a weekly status meeting, CEO Jim Blair was asked about possible changes due to the weapons reform bill recently passed by the Wisconsin legislature. Several managers mentioned that they had seen citizens openly carrying holstered handguns in their stores.

CEO Blair replied that as long as the guns were carried in holsters, the citizens were likely to be as law abiding as police. He cited studies done by the FBI and the experience of over 40 states that have laws similar to that passed in Wisconsin. The Idea of having open carry days to celebrate Constitutional rights was even considered during the meeting..

He said that he had been following the news on the new state law. Mr. Blair said that he would not be issueing a written policy or putting up signs forbidding armed customers. The new law grants immunity to businesses that allow people to be armed on their premises, making it a smart business decision to welcome them.

One manager asked if store employees would be able to carry firearms under the new law. CEO Blair replied that the experience in other states is that citizens who take the trouble to carry legally are extremely responsible. He expects that store employees who make this decision will act responsibly also. He said that he would no more consider infringing on their constitutional right to be armed than he would on their constitutional right to have a Bible or a Koran.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Awesome!

I hope more business owners do the same as this guy!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    In anticipation of the newly reformed weapons law in Wisconsin, Blair Hardware Inc. employees have been informed that their right to bear arms will not be infringed at work. Blair Hardware Inc. is a medium sized buisiness in southeastern Wisconsin with four hardware stores and over a hundred employees.[...]
    Link to story?

I'd like to send Blair Hardware a "thank you" note of sorts.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Centurion

Open Carry Exclusive: Blair Hardware: Employees can carry

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    Link to story?

I know the CEO personally. This is from an interview with him.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Blair True Value is a staunch supporter of the right to carry in Wisconsin!

Unfortunately, I can't share more because of the confidentiality policy that WCI has, but trust me on this one. GOOD GUYS over there!!!!!!!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

This is so refreshing to read!

We need more employers who will set aside "political-correctness" and replace it with good old common sense!

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    Link to story?

http://ww2.truevalue.com/contact.asp?store_id=404

It's the generic "Contact Us" page, but I'm sure they will make sure the boss sees whatever is sent.

stay safe.

That is great. Now that it is out that employees may be armed, I am sure their risk of robbery will be reduced.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Sent them a thanks.

Good for him, and better for his employees and customers. Nice to see a businessman take a stance and stick by it one way or the other (altho I'm darn glad he came down on this side of the fence!), unlike some others we could mention.

Thumbs up

Thank-you sent...
    I just read about an interview w/ Jim Blair where he strongly and in no uncertain terms confirmed that employees & customers who are lawfully armed are welcome in his stores.

I am VERY glad to hear of this, as I have been in both Blair's True Value on Hampton Ave. & Richfield True Value in Hubertus, AND I carry for my own protection.

Knowing Blair's respects the civil rights of its customers & staff, I will definitely shop there in preference to other stores.
    ETA: wonder if I was one of those customers?
    Several managers mentioned that they had seen citizens openly carrying holstered handguns in their stores.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 07-09-2011 at 01:02 AM.

I'm guessing there won't be too many "flash mobs" hit-and-running at Blair's Hardware.

Also added his 3 stores on http://www.friendorfoe.us
    Go give them more positive reviews, add stores as you interact with them, etc.

Centurion

They also operate the Ace hardware store in Watertown Wis.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Also added his 3 stores on http://www.friendorfoe.us
    Go give them more positive reviews, add stores as you interact with them, etc.
    From a post on freerepublic.com

They have a fourth store in Watertown, an Ace Hardware:

Watertown Ace Hardware920-261-3022
    401 Bernard St # 1, Watertown, WI