ID:	6235

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-07-08_094049.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	6235
    I like the way we do it in New Hampshire, though. Fill out this application, give it to your local PD with $10 and you'll be carrying concealed in 14 days or less. Open carry is non-permit, but you need the permit to carry in/on a motor vehicle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	permit app.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	6236

Wish the application process was faster here. I submitted my app back in March.

That does seem like a lot of effort. The process here in VA is fairly simple.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm sure it's a lot easier for some people. I had to jump through a lot of hoops because of an arrest from when I was 18. I didn't know it was on my record, it was supposed to be expunged, so I thought. But sure enough, it was there. I had to run around and get various papers. Then the papers I got were not good enough, despite being told several times that it was what they needed.

All in all, the people at the CHL offices are very rude.

Here in MO it only took me 7 days from app. submission to receiving permit!

Congratulations - sort of.

Nice that you can now carry, so long as nobody else can ever have any notion you are actually carrying.

Maybe one day you Texas folks will realize that all the other open-carry states are not awash with blood over showdowns in parking lots and grocery store aisles.

Sorry if it feels like I'm rubbing it in. But I am rubbing it in.

stay safe.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Congrats

I'll be going through that process eventually myself though it will cost me a little less. I have an out of state card that works just as well for the time being. Since I could keep it in the car w/o a license it's not a pressing issue anyway.

I just have to wonder why "CITIZENSHIP: no documentation required

I thought you had to be a citizen, what am I missing?
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    That does seem like a lot of effort. The process here in VA is fairly simple.
    It's even more simple here. (1) Purchase firearm and holster. (2) Carry.

Simple, huh?

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    Although I have a CCW permit in order to legally carry concealed, I think requiring a permit in order to exercise a God given right is asinine.

Same goes for the 1st Amendment. Never understood why we need a permit in order to gather peacefully and demonstrate.....
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post
    Although I have a CCW permit in order to legally carry concealed, I think requiring a permit in order to exercise a God given right is asinine.

Same goes for the 1st Amendment. Never understood why we need a permit in order to gather peacefully and demonstrate.....
    I would say you can thank the left for that too. If the rest of us, that is those who do not riot, burn cities down, turn over cars, pelt police with rocks and bottles every time the G8 has a meeting didn't demand the gov't do something about these unwashed malcontents there wouldn't be a need for such permits.

Likewise, there wouldn't have been much demand if any at all for more gun control if a marxist sociopath hadn't shot JFK, or if marxist guerillas hadn't been shooting at Gerald Ford, taking Patty Hurst hostage and robbing banks, or killing police officers.

If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I loved that line. What ever happened to that Texas?
    Unfortunately that was so far off the mark when it was said in that movie. Wish we had that Texas now.

Posted using my HTC Evo.

Thirteen steps? Hmm... Yes, it's about time!

Not quite what our Founding Fathers and the states had in mind when they ratified the "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" clause. Thirteen steps sounds more like a Hitchcock movie than a licensing process. Motor vehicles kill far more people than firearms, yet the licensing requirements there comprise just five steps:

1. Apply
    2. Show valid ID
    3. Pay fee
    4. Take written test
    5. Take driving test
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.