• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's about damn time!

Jack House

Wish the application process was faster here. I submitted my app back in March. :banghead:

Jack House

I'm sure it's a lot easier for some people. I had to jump through a lot of hoops because of an arrest from when I was 18. I didn't know it was on my record, it was supposed to be expunged, so I thought. But sure enough, it was there. I had to run around and get various papers. Then the papers I got were not good enough, despite being told several times that it was what they needed.

All in all, the people at the CHL offices are very rude. :uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Congratulations - sort of.

Nice that you can now carry, so long as nobody else can ever have any notion you are actually carrying.

Maybe one day you Texas folks will realize that all the other open-carry states are not awash with blood over showdowns in parking lots and grocery store aisles.

Sorry if it feels like I'm rubbing it in. But I am rubbing it in.

stay safe.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Congrats

I'll be going through that process eventually myself though it will cost me a little less. I have an out of state card that works just as well for the time being. Since I could keep it in the car w/o a license it's not a pressing issue anyway.

I just have to wonder why "CITIZENSHIP: no documentation required

I thought you had to be a citizen, what am I missing?

frommycolddeadhands

Although I have a CCW permit in order to legally carry concealed, I think requiring a permit in order to exercise a God given right is asinine.

Same goes for the 1st Amendment. Never understood why we need a permit in order to gather peacefully and demonstrate.....

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Although I have a CCW permit in order to legally carry concealed, I think requiring a permit in order to exercise a God given right is asinine.

Same goes for the 1st Amendment. Never understood why we need a permit in order to gather peacefully and demonstrate.....

I would say you can thank the left for that too. If the rest of us, that is those who do not riot, burn cities down, turn over cars, pelt police with rocks and bottles every time the G8 has a meeting didn't demand the gov't do something about these unwashed malcontents there wouldn't be a need for such permits.

Likewise, there wouldn't have been much demand if any at all for more gun control if a marxist sociopath hadn't shot JFK, or if marxist guerillas hadn't been shooting at Gerald Ford, taking Patty Hurst hostage and robbing banks, or killing police officers.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Thirteen steps? Hmm... Yes, it's about time!

Not quite what our Founding Fathers and the states had in mind when they ratified the "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" clause. Thirteen steps sounds more like a Hitchcock movie than a licensing process. Motor vehicles kill far more people than firearms, yet the licensing requirements there comprise just five steps:

1. Apply
2. Show valid ID
3. Pay fee
4. Take written test
5. Take driving test