Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WI DOJ Web Site Watch

WI DOJ Web Site Watch

Here is the link to the Wisconsin Department of Justice web site so that we can start keeping tabs as to when the application forms become available.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/

I will contact the OCDO site administrator to get this stickied.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

excellent !!!!
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

awesome!!!! Thank you!
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    For automatic notices on legislative matters, sign up here http://notify.legis.state.wi.us/.
    SB 93 corresponds to LRB-2007/1
    Last edited by davegran; 07-08-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    For automatic notices on legislative matters, sign up here http://notify.legis.state.wi.us/.
    SB 93 corresponds to LRB-2007/1
    I don't think this will give you notices beyond SB93's publication. Anything after that is internal administration at DOJ. IF I am wrong, anyone can let me know.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 07-08-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Another thought. After looking at the site, they may add another drop down menu on the menu bar for CWL information, (Concealed Weapons License).

Hmmm. Doesn't appear that the site administrator is reading his PM's.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Hmmm. Doesn't appear that the site administrator is reading his PM's.
    I am sure he is reading them. He is a busy guy, this isn't his full time job. Be patient.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I would love to see this topic on a sticky. I am pretty confident that at least one of my 4 permits (UT, FL, NV, and PA) will be valid in Wisconsin.

And, I have studied the provisions of WI SS 175.60(4) and find that under sub-paragraphs (b), (c) and (e), I am qualified to provide instruction to Wisconsin residents meeting the training requirements of SB-193 in that I am a Certified Firearms Instructor that has been Certified by a Nationally Recognized Firearms Training Organization, the National Rifle Association - and - that I have been Certified as a Firearms Instructor by a Law Enforcement Agency of another State. Utah BCI is a Law Enforcement Agency.

So, the Yellow Cat with the M-4 will be returning to WI to offer the following:

NRA Basic Pistol Course for MSRP cost of the textbook + a token fee

NRA Personal Protection Course for MSRP of the textbook + a token fee

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit for a token fee (good in 31 States for non-residents, 34 for UT residents ) - and it gets you into MN. This is important as MN may not recognize the WI permit due to differences in training requirements (MN requires a live shoot and qualification). And, for those who choose to take this training, a Utah CFP is defacto proof of training for the purposes of SB-93.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I wonder if the permits will have numbers on them like a DL. Will they be coded like a DL, or will they be consecutive?

If the latter, we can start a pool....lowest number, most consecutive numbers, most same numbers in a row, etc.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    I wonder if the permits will have numbers on them like a DL. Will they be coded like a DL, or will they be consecutive?

If the latter, we can start a pool....lowest number, most consecutive numbers, most same numbers in a row, etc.
    I imagine that they'll look a whole lot like a DL minus the photo since they'll probably be made at the DOT. I'm hoping for a low "serial" number myself. Of course, it may not be the very best idea to post those numbers to compare.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    you could post it like a poker hand best 5 or 7 card hand wins but we would have to be honest kind of like dollar bill poker without the full reveal

*****6**7**89**5 format like this maybe
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

I saw on the news that you will be able to get a permit application at the DMV too.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I saw on the news that you will be able to get a permit application at the DMV too.
    License and then a steak down the road; take me to Onieda St. ...pronto .
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

And yet, our driver's licenses will be printed in CA...

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/122914588.html
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I believe they speak with forked tongue.

DOJ has added some comments on their site regarding SB93:

The Wisconsin Department of Justice is working to implement 2011 Senate Bill 93, the concealed carry law signed by Governor Walker on July 8. The law goes into effect on November 1, 2011.

We will be providing more information on the implementation of the law as it becomes available. A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section will be added here by August 1. Please continue to monitor this web page for new information. It will be the main conduit to provide the public with official updates.

Applications for concealed carry licenses will be accepted beginning November 1, 2011 the day the law becomes effective. No applications will be available before that date.

Looks like we will be able to be able to see something there by August 1.
    Rick

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    DOJ has added some comments on their site regarding SB93:

The Wisconsin Department of Justice is working to implement 2011 Senate Bill 93, the concealed carry law signed by Governor Walker on July 8. The law goes into effect on November 1, 2011.

We will be providing more information on the implementation of the law as it becomes available. A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section will be added here by August 1. Please continue to monitor this web page for new information. It will be the main conduit to provide the public with official updates.

Applications for concealed carry licenses will be accepted beginning November 1, 2011 – the day the law becomes effective. No applications will be available before that date.

Looks like we will be able to be able to see something there by August 1.
    Good catch man!
    I'll keep watching the DOJ site and this thread.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Ummmm... start accepting applications 11/1? That means potentially no license until 12/15? It also means non-residents can carry in WI before residents?

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Ummmm... start accepting applications 11/1? That means potentially no license until 12/15? It also means non-residents can carry in WI before residents?
    The fact that out-of-staters can conceal carry before Wisconsinites can is a blatant insult to us. It's more than chicken poop. It's turkey poop. It's Whooping Crane poop. It's California Condor poop.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    The fact that out-of-staters can conceal carry before Wisconsinites can is a blatant insult to us. It's more than chicken poop. It's turkey poop. It's Whooping Crane poop. It's California Condor poop.
    We need to wait for the FAQ to show up 8/1 and then start pushing the legislators. There is no reason why they have to wait that long. The form and infrastructure is supposed to be up and running by 9/1.

I could see them not mailing until 11/1 just so that someone doesn't cc with their permit before then but not accepting applications before then is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post

Start a pool? I would not put my number out there.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    We need to wait for the FAQ to show up 8/1 and then start pushing the legislators. There is no reason why they have to wait that long. The form and infrastructure is supposed to be up and running by 9/1.

I could see them not mailing until 11/1 just so that someone doesn't cc with their permit before then but not accepting applications before then is ridiculous.
    Show me where the infrastructure is supposed to be up and running by 9/1/11.

The DESIGN of the application form is to be completed by 9/1/11, not the entire system.to be functional.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Start a pool? I would not put my number out there.
    Ya missed the LOL face at the end there. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    I don't think we should flood anybody with anything at this point....but perhaps you (I'm assuming you were in frequent contact with Sen. Galloway on this) should drop a casual note to Sen. G's office showing the DOJ's intentions.

I don't believe they (DOJ) are following legislative intent.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast