• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI DOJ Web Site Watch

BROKENSPROKET

Another thought. After looking at the site, they may add another drop down menu on the menu bar for CWL information, (Concealed Weapons License).

jpm84092

I would love to see this topic on a sticky. I am pretty confident that at least one of my 4 permits (UT, FL, NV, and PA) will be valid in Wisconsin.

And, I have studied the provisions of WI SS 175.60(4) and find that under sub-paragraphs (b), (c) and (e), I am qualified to provide instruction to Wisconsin residents meeting the training requirements of SB-193 in that I am a Certified Firearms Instructor that has been Certified by a Nationally Recognized Firearms Training Organization, the National Rifle Association - and - that I have been Certified as a Firearms Instructor by a Law Enforcement Agency of another State. Utah BCI is a Law Enforcement Agency.

So, the Yellow Cat with the M-4 will be returning to WI to offer the following:

NRA Basic Pistol Course for MSRP cost of the textbook + a token fee

NRA Personal Protection Course for MSRP of the textbook + a token fee

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit for a token fee (good in 31 States for non-residents, 34 for UT residents ) - and it gets you into MN. This is important as MN may not recognize the WI permit due to differences in training requirements (MN requires a live shoot and qualification). And, for those who choose to take this training, a Utah CFP is defacto proof of training for the purposes of SB-93.

rcav8r

I wonder if the permits will have numbers on them like a DL. Will they be coded like a DL, or will they be consecutive?

If the latter, we can start a pool....lowest number, most consecutive numbers, most same numbers in a row, etc. :lol:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I wonder if the permits will have numbers on them like a DL. Will they be coded like a DL, or will they be consecutive?

If the latter, we can start a pool....lowest number, most consecutive numbers, most same numbers in a row, etc. :lol:

I imagine that they'll look a whole lot like a DL minus the photo since they'll probably be made at the DOT. I'm hoping for a low "serial" number myself. Of course, it may not be the very best idea to post those numbers to compare. :D

oliverclotheshoff

you could post it like a poker hand best 5 or 7 card hand wins but we would have to be honest kind of like dollar bill poker without the full reveal

*****6**7**89**5 format like this maybe

Viper

DOJ has added some comments on their site regarding SB93:

The Wisconsin Department of Justice is working to implement 2011 Senate Bill 93, the concealed carry law signed by Governor Walker on July 8. The law goes into effect on November 1, 2011.

We will be providing more information on the implementation of the law as it becomes available. A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section will be added here by August 1. Please continue to monitor this web page for new information. It will be the main conduit to provide the public with official updates.

Applications for concealed carry licenses will be accepted beginning November 1, 2011 – the day the law becomes effective. No applications will be available before that date.

Looks like we will be able to be able to see something there by August 1.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
DOJ has added some comments on their site regarding SB93:

The Wisconsin Department of Justice is working to implement 2011 Senate Bill 93, the concealed carry law signed by Governor Walker on July 8. The law goes into effect on November 1, 2011.

We will be providing more information on the implementation of the law as it becomes available. A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section will be added here by August 1. Please continue to monitor this web page for new information. It will be the main conduit to provide the public with official updates.

Applications for concealed carry licenses will be accepted beginning November 1, 2011 – the day the law becomes effective. No applications will be available before that date.

Looks like we will be able to be able to see something there by August 1.

Good catch man!
I'll keep watching the DOJ site and this thread.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Ummmm... start accepting applications 11/1? That means potentially no license until 12/15? It also means non-residents can carry in WI before residents?

phred

Ummmm... start accepting applications 11/1? That means potentially no license until 12/15? It also means non-residents can carry in WI before residents?

The fact that out-of-staters can conceal carry before Wisconsinites can is a blatant insult to us. It's more than chicken poop. It's turkey poop. It's Whooping Crane poop. It's California Condor poop.