• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry Question

ssherman

In missouri the OC is allowed by the state, but is regulated by individual citys as to allow OC or not.

If I have my CCW and go to a city that doesn't allow Open Carry, and my shirt rides up on my gun exposing it will I be violating the OC law?

kcgunfan

In missouri the OC is allowed by the state, but is regulated by individual citys as to allow OC or not.

If I have my CCW and go to a city that doesn't allow Open Carry, and my shirt rides up on my gun exposing it will I be violating the OC law?

This is really better asked in the Missouri forum. Hopefully a mod will move it for you. Welcome to OCDO!

This has been asked before, you can find the discussion here: http://www.www.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?75426-quot-Printing-quot

But, the consensus is that it's not breaking the law. I'm not sure that there's any "proof" cited though. Having said that, I like to wear tight T-shirts with my Glock 17 concealed in an OWB holster (i.e. it's much more covered than concealed) in anti-OC land. I've never been hassled, but that doesn't mean I won't ever be.