• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It is signed!!!

markush

A huge Thanks to everyone that made this happen! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Last edited:

ksks

To everyone...nice job!

To those who worked so hard to make it happen...thank you!

safcrkr

It's finally done.

He didn't use line-item veto because (for the last time) even if he wanted to, he CANNOT!!!!!!!!!!! It's NOT an appropriations bill.

BROKENSPROKET

It's finally done.

He didn't use line-item veto because (for the last time) even if he wanted to, he CANNOT!!!!!!!!!!! It's NOT an appropriations bill.

And I still don't understand that. It makes apropriations, but its not an appropriation bill. I am confused.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

E-Mail From My Rep...

FW: Governor Walker Signs Concealed CarryFriday, July 8, 2011 3:37
From: "Kerkman, Samantha" <Samantha.Kerkman@legis.wisconsin.gov>
To: XXXXXX XXXX@yahoo.com>FYI
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 3:30 PM
To: GOV Press
Subject: Governor Walker Signs Concealed Carry

July 8, 2010

For Immediate Release

Governor Walker Signs Concealed Carry

Madison–Today Governor Walker signed Senate Bill 93, legislation enacting concealed carry, into law.

“By signing concealed carry into law today we are making Wisconsin safer for all responsible, law abiding citizens,” said Governor Walker. “This legislation has been in the works for a long time—I co-sponsored a similar bill when I was a member of the State Assembly. I am pleased the Legislature approved a bill that included training and permits. Today I would like to specifically thank Senator Galloway and Representatives Mursau and Suder for moving forward this important public safety bill. ”

My thoughts....

I suppose we should be happy we got this far.... but somehow I can't help but feel that based on what was introduced before the amendments (original SB-93) and after Gov. Walker added his opinion, we got screwed....

But hey... At least now we can wait 4 MONTHS before we do not have to do the vehicle dance anymore and oh yea... We HAVE to get traning to get the MANDATORY PERMIT to be able to carry in a GFSZ, etc...

I guess from an true OPEN CARRIER and a true Constitutional Carry advocate I can not help but feel a false happiness over all this...

There glad I got that said... now back to pretending I am happy....:banana: :banana:

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Vandil

FW: Governor Walker Signs Concealed CarryFriday, July 8, 2011 3:37
From: "Kerkman, Samantha" <Samantha.Kerkman@legis.wisconsin.gov>
To: XXXXXX XXXX@yahoo.com>FYI
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 3:30 PM
To: GOV Press
Subject: Governor Walker Signs Concealed Carry

July 8, 2010

For Immediate Release

Governor Walker Signs Concealed Carry

Madison–Today Governor Walker signed Senate Bill 93, legislation enacting concealed carry, into law.

“By signing concealed carry into law today we are making Wisconsin safer for all responsible, law abiding citizens,” said Governor Walker. “This legislation has been in the works for a long time—I co-sponsored a similar bill when I was a member of the State Assembly. I am pleased the Legislature approved a bill that included training and permits. Today I would like to specifically thank Senator Galloway and Representatives Mursau and Suder for moving forward this important public safety bill. ”

My thoughts....

I suppose we should be happy we got this far.... but somehow I can't help but feel that based on what was introduced before the amendments (original SB-93) and after Gov. Walker added his opinion, we got screwed....

But hey... At least now we can wait 4 MONTHS before we do not have to do the vehicle dance anymore and oh yea... We HAVE to get traning to get the MANDATORY PERMIT to be able to carry in a GFSZ, etc...

I guess from an true OPEN CARRIER and a true Constitutional Carry advocate I can not help but feel a false happiness over all this...

There glad I got that said... now back to pretending I am happy....:banana: :banana:

Outdoorsman1

I can understand that, honestly feel the same about Walkers opinion screwing the permit free version. I'm just choosing to look at it as a positive step in the right direction. After a few years without any rampages or showdowns at noon and with a hopefully falling crime rate it will be that much easier win the next fight.

Teej

And I still don't understand that. It makes apropriations, but its not an appropriation bill. I am confused.

The "appropriations bills" the line item veto refers to are the (generally annual) budget bills. The bills that says how the state is going to spend money for the next year.

It does not mean every bill that crosses the gov's desk involving the transfer of a few bucks.