• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It is signed!!!

smithman

I guess from an true OPEN CARRIER and a true Constitutional Carry advocate I can not help but feel a false happiness over all this...
Outdoorsman1

I think most people on here would have liked to see constitutional carry including me. I still would have needed a permit to carry in the city though, with the GFSZ (thanks Herb Kohl you d!ck). Urban law enforcement in WI seems to think they are a special breed of cop and won't let any small offense go, much less a federal felony. We can feel good that the bill is one of the least restrictive permit systems in the US with the exception of penalties for carrying in a place that bans guns.

rpyne

Congratulations Wisconsin!

I know and agree that you would have preferred Constitutional Carry, but every gain is a step closer. Keep up the good fight taking a bite or nibble at a time. This is a major milestone.

jpm84092

CONGRATULATIONS WISCONSIN and WISCONSIN CARRY dot ORG

Congratulations Wisconsin!
I know and agree that you would have preferred Constitutional Carry, but every gain is a step closer. Keep up the good fight taking a bite or nibble at a time. This is a major milestone.

From a fellow member of the population of Utah, and a former member of the population of Wisconsin, CONGRATULATIONS WISCONSIN. And a special thanks to Wisconsin Carry for all the work put into this Bill. This is indeed a major milestone. One, I hope, of many to follow. So yes, keep up the good and honorable fight and take even more steps toward freedom. A Castle Doctrine Bill patterned after the FL or UT versions would be a step in the right direction. Particularly one patterned after the UT Castle Doctrine since it extends to your mode of transportation (car, truck, RV, etc.)

This is only the beginning. Wisconsin residents will slowly figure out that WI will be just like the other "Shall Issue" States, there will be no wild west shoot-outs, and that ordinary citizens will become even more law abiding when they get their permits. Here in UT you can tell who the permit holders are. They are the ones slowing up traffic on the freeway by doing the speed limit. They are the ones who go to the Motel 6 rather than exchange harsh words with their spouse. They are the ones waiting patiently for the WALK light to come on even when no cars are around.

And, this is a major victory for Woman's Rights in Wisconsin. Today, a Bill was signed into law that, when it takes effect, will allow women the means and opportunity to have a concealed handgun for personal protection against those who would harm them or rob them or their loved ones.

When I left Wisconsin, I told myself I would never again reside in a state that disarms me. Now, the place of my childhood and birth will be on the OK to move to list when the Bill takes effect.

CARRY ON WISCONSIN ! Proudly Carry On.

PS - I am disappointed in an Associated Press article that features gun shops offering Concealed Carry Courses for $120 - $160 per head. I understand making a profit, but this is "gouging" for those who do not offer a Nationally Recognized Certificate of Accomplishment (eg: NRA Pistol Course Certificate)

The Yellow Cat With The M-4 intends to return to WI to offer the NRA Pistol Course to WI Carry Members, or Veterans for about $50 (that includes the $30 MSRP cost of the textbook, test, certificate, etc.). You not only fulfill the requirements for firearms familiarity, but you get a Certificate of Accomplishment from THE most recognized firearms training organization in the USA, the NRA. This could be of great value if you ever need to use your right to defend yourself and the lawsuit challenges the quality of your training. I will also be offering the Utah Concealed Firearms Permit course for those interested - at rock bottom prices like last time.

lockman

State Researcher
Congrats! This will make my trips much more enjoyable!

SAF, IllinoisCarry and four others have filed for an injunction against the state of Illinois to prevent enforcement of the UUW and Aggravated UUW statutes. If granted Illinois will at least temporarily be close to constitutional carry (with a FOID card anyway). It is nice to see the decision and opinions of the 7th circuit Ezell decision two days ago thrown at the state in compelling support for the injunction.

Motion is here: http://ia600603.us.a....52015.13.0.pdf

Memo Supporting Motion is here: http://ia600603.us.a....52015.14.0.pdf

Trip20

Pics of signing

IMG02018-20110708-1308.jpg

IMG02020-20110708-1348.jpg

IMG02021-20110708-1410.jpg

IMG02022-20110708-1421.jpg

IMG02023-20110708-1421.jpg

Trip20

Anybody oc inside the room where the signing occurred?

Prior to the official start of the ceremony, Darren La Sorte came out relaying what he claimed to be the State Patrol's wish that no one carry inside the small conference room where the ceremony was held.

Afterward, I was out front having a smoke and overheard a State Patrolman speaking to someone who appeared to be questioning him as to why State Patrol would request such a thing. I heard him pawn it off on Walker's handlers who requested no-carry.

So who knows.

The door to the room was open so that folks not formally invited were able to stand outside and watch. Many were OC'ing.

Last edited: