Thread: Serbu super shorty

Post Serbu super shorty

hello , i am interested in buying a serbu super shorty. but i dont know if they are a legal weapon in the state of AK. does antone have details on this subject?

Welcome to OCDO!!! Serbu Super Shortys are classified under the NFA as AOW (any other weapon). They are subject to a $5.00 tax stamp. To my knowledge they are not illegal to own in AK but you should check with an FFL in your area.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Welcome to OCDO!!! Serbu Super Shortys are classified under the NFA as AOW (any other weapon). They are subject to a $5.00 tax stamp. To my knowledge they are not illegal to own in AK but you should check with an FFL in your area.
    Although the AOW designation saved you a HUGE chunk of change on the BATFE tax stamp (as opposed to a SBS), purchasing a firearm like this STILL gets you on the same lists with BATFE that owning Class III (like machine guns, suppressors and SBS/SBRs) does.

So if your desire to own a tiny, painful and hard-to-shoot, 3-round capacity 12-ga shotgun is worth it to you to get put on a list of people who the BATFE can do "spot-checks" at any time, without announcement, for any reason (or no reason at all), then knock yourself out, bro...

Personally if I lived in AK, with the bears and wolves, I'd want a 12-ga with a LOT more capacity than the Serbu. But it's your money...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964