• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serbu super shorty

hayner89

hello , i am interested in buying a serbu super shorty. but i dont know if they are a legal weapon in the state of AK. does antone have details on this subject?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!!! Serbu Super Shortys are classified under the NFA as AOW (any other weapon). They are subject to a $5.00 tax stamp. To my knowledge they are not illegal to own in AK but you should check with an FFL in your area.

Dreamer

Welcome to OCDO!!! Serbu Super Shortys are classified under the NFA as AOW (any other weapon). They are subject to a $5.00 tax stamp. To my knowledge they are not illegal to own in AK but you should check with an FFL in your area.

Although the AOW designation saved you a HUGE chunk of change on the BATFE tax stamp (as opposed to a SBS), purchasing a firearm like this STILL gets you on the same lists with BATFE that owning Class III (like machine guns, suppressors and SBS/SBRs) does.

So if your desire to own a tiny, painful and hard-to-shoot, 3-round capacity 12-ga shotgun is worth it to you to get put on a list of people who the BATFE can do "spot-checks" at any time, without announcement, for any reason (or no reason at all), then knock yourself out, bro...

Personally if I lived in AK, with the bears and wolves, I'd want a 12-ga with a LOT more capacity than the Serbu. But it's your money...