• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

George Carlin nails it ....

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
You forgot pushy egotistical racist with an annoying radio voice.

Absolutely. And his rant about how we deserved the Oklahoma City Bombing is unforgivable in my humble FIB hardline opinion.

Using the terms egotistical coupled with annoying voice might confuse people with Mark Levin, even though he's not a racist. Carlin said we deserved OKC? I never heard that before. I have heard plenty of moonbats say we deserved 9/11 though.

HandyHamlet

Using the terms egotistical coupled with annoying voice might confuse people with Mark Levin, even though he's not a racist. Carlin said we deserved OKC? I never heard that before. I have heard plenty of moonbats say we deserved 9/11 though.

Yes, in his stand up tour after Oklahoma he ranted on about how we as Americans were fat, cigar smoking, something or another, and we brought it on ourselves. We deserved it. I remember at the time being shocked, then angered. He is entitled to his opinion but I hardly think the babies in the nursery deserved the death penalty. I refuse to waste my time looking up the bit but it is in youtube.
As far as Carlin is concerned I lost all respect for him at that moment. He can rot for all I care.

In my humble FIB hardline opinion.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Yes, in his stand up tour after Oklahoma he ranted on about how we as Americans were fat, cigar smoking, something or another, and we brought it on ourselves. We deserved it. I remember at the time being shocked, then angered. He is entitled to his opinion but I hardly think the babies in the nursery deserved the death penalty. I refuse to waste my time looking up the bit but it is in youtube.
As far as Carlin is concerned I lost all respect for him at that moment. He can rot for all I care.

In my humble FIB hardline opinion.

I had to look up the quote because there's nothing funny about it, and I had a hard time with his having said it. He's what I found:

"When they talk about domestic terrorism, they often cite the Oklahoma City bombing. But that wasn't terrorism. Terrorism involves a series of acts intended to put a civilian population in a state of panic, fear and uncertainty, in order to achieve some political goal. Oklahoma wasn't terrorism, it was payback. Revenge. Timothy McVeigh wanted to punish the federal government for what it did at Waco and Ruby Ridge. Revenge, not terrorism."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100419122656AAZrir5

I don't see where he says we DESERVED OKC, but he is correct in that McVeigh did it out of some convoluted revenge issue. Joking about such an event is less than noble though. Carlin said things based on his audience. I heard him in a back and forth with Dennis Miller regarding the Iraq War. I didn't care for everything he said, but he constructed his "act" in a manner that would be funny to the intended audience. Since I didn't see the whole act, but I have heard his rants about "fat cigar smoking Americans", I know his basic political foundation was liberalism. He had too much common sense not to ridicule it sometimes though.

As it has been said, I agree Carlin was not some great philosopher, thinker, or even a man of profound wisdom. He was a comedian. In spite of his rather rabid atheism I hope he's in heaven right now with Sam Kinison and Plato doing satan's B-Day roast. He was an entertainer, he did his job well. I disagree with a lot of his "points", but I laughed anyway most of the time. May he rest in peace.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Well, if you don't count Palestinians (especially women and children) as a "race", then you're right about Levin...

Could you adopt anymore of a sterotypical moonbat fringe stance on an issue? The Palestinians ARE NOT A RACE, for that matter ARABS consist of all sorts of religious groups. Racism is a bull$#!t word anyway. We're ALL ONE RACE, the human race.

Regarding the palestinians and the heebs, I've seen infinately more offensive acts come from the palestinains than the Israelis. Of course since you're programmed to hate jews I suppose, everything they do is wrong, and everything done to them is OK, since they're all rich bankers. ZIEG HEIL Alex Jones.

[video=youtube;X8fRMqWOBuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8fRMqWOBuM[/video]

HandyHamlet

I had to look up the quote because there's nothing funny about it, and I had a hard time with his having said it. He's what I found:....
I don't see where he says we DESERVED OKC, but he is correct in that McVeigh did it out of some convoluted revenge issue. Joking about such an event is less than noble though.

It wasn't the quote just to clarify. It was one bit in his comedy tour at the time. The bit is posted to youtube. I don't have the time to look it up now or the wherewithal to care.

Dreamer

Of course since you're programmed to hate jews I suppose, everything they do is wrong, and everything done to them is OK, since they're all rich bankers. ZIEG HEIL Alex Jones

Godwins Law violation...

Straw Man argument.

Red Herring.

And about 5 other logical fallacies.

Ioften consider you to be pretty lucid and bright on some issues, but I'm starting to think that you really CAN'T do better than this...

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Godwins Law violation...

Straw Man argument.

Red Herring.

And about 5 other logical fallacies.

Ioften consider you to be pretty lucid and bright on some issues, but I'm starting to think that you really CAN'T do better than this...

mindblowing.gif

Wow, I got a lot done in that itty bitty sentence.

Gunslinger

True, but some of them (like GM, IBM, Shell, Kodak, and several banks) CONTINUED to do business with the Third Reich pretty much to the end of the War. And THAT is what is problematic...

And doing business with them from 1939-1942 might have been "legal" but everyone knew what the Nazi's were up to. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral, ethical, or good. Pursuing profits from a regime you KNOW is hell-bent on conquest, genocide, and establishing a world-wide totalitarian empire is inexcusable. The only reason the US Government made it against the law in 1942 was because we were forced to "officially" enter the War because of Pearl Harbor (itself a pseudo false-flag, because the Navy brass KNEW the Japanese were planning some sort of huge attack on the base--why else would they move EVERY SINGLE carrier out of the Harbor a few days before?)

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...2QS_al&sig=AHIEtbRnVH7XrvgAVS0ktGGiGLQWw7WCzw

Sort of like now, where we are fighting a "war on drugs" here in the US, but using US Marines to help guard and cultivate opium in Afghanistan, and using aircraft owned by Halliburton and Dyncorp to fly the processed opium and heroin to Asia and Eastern Europe for sale.

Or like the BAFTE has been actively engaged in arming the Mexican Drug Cartels for several years.

On and on and on...

What is it going to take for all these "coincidence theorists" to admit that, yes in fact, rich and powerful people occasionally DO get together, make long-term plans, and then carry them out, outside of the normally accepted bounds of law, ethics, and morality?

Tri-lateral commission springs to mind...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Racism is a bull$#!t word anyway. We're ALL ONE RACE, the human race.

While racism is bad, we are not all one race. Dogs have varying breeds, but they can all interbreed. Humans have varying races, but we can all mix between the races. Aside from the fact that one term is applied to animals and the other to humans, the terms "race" and "breed" are synonymous.

We humans are all one species.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
While racism is bad, we are not all one race. Dogs have varying breeds, but they can all interbreed. Humans have varying races, but we can all mix between the races. Aside from the fact that one term is applied to animals and the other to humans, the terms "race" and "breed" are synonymous.

We humans are all one species.

I stand corrected. I thought race and species were synonymous.

My point is however, that we've been divided based on ethnic lines, when from everything I have read our DNA comes from a very small group of the very first people. Since we're so closely linked all this racism crap gets on my nerves. All races disgust me equally.