• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Form letter to send to non-friendly 2A businesses

Phxbluesman

Ok,

I have been wanting to put together a template letter for non-friendly 2A businesses. Here is what I have so far. I borrowed some from the printable anti-ccw response cards from the CC forum. I am no english major so please be gentle...LOL

Dear (Name),
I was at XXXXXXX recently with a party of friends and noticed you have a no firearms sign posted. We were all very disappointed and although we were hungry, as a law abiding citizens we promptly turned around and took my business to a competitor who welcomed our business. I would ask that please consider the following and remove your sign.

• The only people your sign prohibits are law abiding citizens who have passed a FBI background check and undergone full fingerprinting (entire fingers and palms) passed a firearms course, submitted an application and paid a fee to get their CCW license. Not what people with criminal intent do!
  • CCW holders know that AZ law prohibits them from drinking alcohol will in your establishment and are the ONLY ones who will obey your sign.
  • Criminals on the other hand are well…criminals and will carry a weapon wherever and whenever regardless of whether they can legally own one let alone carry one in a prohibited area. That’s why they are called criminals.
  • Statistics show that concealed carry permit holders are less likely to commit a crime than a law enforcement officer!
  • By restricting the right of patrons to defend themselves by posting an OPTIONAL sign, in the event god forbid there was an incident where a patron was un able to defend themself or another, some ambulance chaser of a lawyer might try to find your business liable for not providing adequate security knowing you had disarmed the only sober deterrent in the place.
  • If you are trying to prevent crime, this is what you sign really says to those with criminal intent.

nocarry.png

As a Citizen with a concealed handgun license, I
• Have no felony convictions.
• Have never been convicted of domestic violence.
• Have no history of mental illness.
• Have passed a background check and have my
fingerprints on file with the Authorities.
• Have passed mandatory training in both the use
of a firearm and the applicable law.

Can you say that about your other customers?

Those of us who have gone through the tedious process of obtaining a permit to carry a concealed weapon have no desire to jeopardize that right.
So I will honor your sign by taking my business elsewhere as well as telling other to do so as too until you remove the sign.
Respectfully,

[video=youtube;x9FzMnwrPEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9FzMnwrPEk[/video]

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds really good. It gets the point across nicely while making the argument that their sign is not logical. You also touch on the subject most important to businesses: No guns=no money. You should post a PDF once you get everything worked out.

I like it.

And that video was very sobering.

On a somewhat amusing note, after church tonight (our little biker/recovering addict/lowlife scum, etc. fellowship meets on Friday nights) one of our regular attendees made the comment:

"Man, a lot of people carry guns in your church!"

I told him that yes, there were quite a few -- and since some of them carry concealed, there were even more than he might have originally thought!

Let's see: we had 17 in attendance tonight, and, if I recall correctly, seven of us were armed (and all of those are combat vets).

God help the idiot who comes into our service intending to try and inflict grievous harm upon the congregation!

Phxbluesman

Revised

Here is a revised version with a typos fixed. expandend liable bullet point, added a bullet point about casting us and the business in a bad light and changed business to dollars in last paragraph

Dear (Name),
I was at XXXXXXX recently with a party of friends and noticed you have a no firearms sign posted. We were all very disappointed and although we were hungry, as a law abiding citizens we promptly turned around and took our business to a competitor who welcomed our business. I would ask that you please consider the following and remove your sign.
• The ONLY people your sign prohibits are law abiding citizens who have passed a FBI background check and undergone full fingerprinting (entire fingers and palms) passed a firearms course, submitted an application and paid a fee to get their CCW license. Not what people with criminal intent do!
• CCW holders know that AZ law prohibits them from drinking alcohol while in your establishment and are the ONLY ones who will obey your sign.
• Criminals on the other hand are well…CRIMINALS and will carry a weapon wherever and whenever regardless of whether they can legally own one let alone carry one in a prohibited area. That’s why they are called criminals.
• Statistics show that concealed carry permit holders are less likely to commit a crime than a law enforcement officer!
• By restricting the right of patrons to defend themselves by posting an OPTIONAL sign, in the event god forbid there was an incident where a patron was unable to defend themself or another, some ambulance chaser of a lawyer might sue you and try to find your business liable for not providing adequate security knowing you had disarmed the only sober deterrent in the place.
• Your sign insinuates to some “some of our customers are dangerous” and may cause others to think “Why do they need the optional sign??? Has there has been trouble here before?” This puts law abiding CCW holders and your business in a negative light.
• If you are trying to prevent crime, this is what you sign really says to those with criminal intent.

nocarry.png

As a Citizen with a concealed handgun license, I
• Have no felony convictions.
• Have never been convicted of domestic violence.
• Have no history of mental illness.
• Have passed a background check and have my
fingerprints on file with the Authorities.
• Have passed mandatory training in both the use
of a firearm and the applicable law.

Can you say that about your other customers?

Those of us who have gone through the tedious process of obtaining a permit to carry a concealed weapon have no desire to jeopardize that right.

I will honor your sign by taking my dollars elsewhere as well as telling other to spend thier money elsewhere until you remove the sign. Additionally, I am forwarding a copy of this email to the Arizonan’s Citizens Defense League, and the network of many other organizations and internet communities that maintain a list of businesses that restrict the right of law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

Respectfully,

p.s.
Don't take just my word for it, please watch this short clip to hear from a woman who speaks from real life experience!
[video=youtube;x9FzMnwrPEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9FzMnwrPEk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited: