Thread: Got noticed while carrying at the park

Cool Got noticed while carrying at the park

Thought this story might be worth sharing.

A couple months ago I was at Watson lake park here in Prescott with my wife and 4-year-old son. I carrying my SR9 as usual in an OWB holster indifferently covered by my shirt.

While I was pushing the kiddo on one of the swings, a little girl about the same age came along with her father to ride the swings too. So me and the other dad are making small talk and getting our exercise and after a few minutes he asks "So what are you carrying?".

Long story short, he was packing a nice Kimber and our wives ended up exchanging phone numbers to set up a play date for the kids.

I do love this town and this state.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseL View Post

A couple months ago I was at Watson lake park here in Prescott with my wife and 4-year-old son. I carrying my SR9 as usual in an OWB holster indifferently covered by my shirt.

While I was pushing the kiddo on one of the swings, a little girl about the same age came along with her father to ride the swings too. So me and the other dad are making small talk and getting our exercise and after a few minutes he asks "So what are you carrying?".

Long story short, he was packing a nice Kimber and our wives ended up exchanging phone numbers to set up a play date for the kids.

Jesse:

I love this area and the state as well. I have an idea: what about organizing an OC dinner here in the Tri-Cities area? I know that at least you and AZKopper are around, and I'm sure there are others -- and I'll bet that some flatlanders would love to come up and get out of the heat as well.

What do ya'll think?

I'd be in for that. Got any location in mind?

I'd be in for that. Got any location in mind?
    Well, it would have to be a restaurant that doesn't serve booze -- the only thing that comes to mind right off the top of my head is Golden Corral. Can you think of any others?

Cool interaction! I have only run into one other open carrier during the four years I have been carrying, it doesn't happen very often.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV View Post
    Well, it would have to be a restaurant that doesn't serve booze -- the only thing that comes to mind right off the top of my head is Golden Corral. Can you think of any others?
    Aren't they on the Yavapai res though?

Does the Zeke's in PV serve alcohol?

Aren't they on the Yavapai res though?

Does the Zeke's in PV serve alcohol?
    You're right, they're on the rez land. I OC there frequently, but then again I guess I'm willing to take up the issue with Rez Police (if they ever showed up). A large group however would probably garner enough attention to bring them in.

Zeke's in PV does serve alcohol. We're gonna have to cast around for a good place...

I'm rackin' my brain trying to think of a place that doesn't serve alcohol, and serves more than Big Mac's, and is off the Res.....I'm drawing a blank. Prescott and the surrounding enviorns is one beer swillin town!!

Does Cracker Barrel serve alcohol?
    Last edited by AZkopper; 07-11-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZkopper View Post
    I'm rackin' my brain trying to think of a place that doesn't serve alcohol, and serves more than Big Mac's, and is off the Res.....I'm drawing a blank. Prescott and the surrounding enviorns is one beer swillin town!!

Does Cracker Barrel serve alcohol?
    As far as I recall, it does not serve alcohol. Have to check on whether or not they are anti-gun, though.

... So me and the other dad are making small talk....

Me did ? !

I was on a ride up in that area about 4 weeks ago. count me in.