• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got noticed while carrying at the park

JesseL

Thought this story might be worth sharing.

A couple months ago I was at Watson lake park here in Prescott with my wife and 4-year-old son. I carrying my SR9 as usual in an OWB holster indifferently covered by my shirt.

While I was pushing the kiddo on one of the swings, a little girl about the same age came along with her father to ride the swings too. So me and the other dad are making small talk and getting our exercise and after a few minutes he asks "So what are you carrying?".

Long story short, he was packing a nice Kimber and our wives ended up exchanging phone numbers to set up a play date for the kids.

I do love this town and this state. :)

A couple months ago I was at Watson lake park here in Prescott with my wife and 4-year-old son. I carrying my SR9 as usual in an OWB holster indifferently covered by my shirt.

While I was pushing the kiddo on one of the swings, a little girl about the same age came along with her father to ride the swings too. So me and the other dad are making small talk and getting our exercise and after a few minutes he asks "So what are you carrying?".

Long story short, he was packing a nice Kimber and our wives ended up exchanging phone numbers to set up a play date for the kids.

Jesse:

I love this area and the state as well. I have an idea: what about organizing an OC dinner here in the Tri-Cities area? I know that at least you and AZKopper are around, and I'm sure there are others -- and I'll bet that some flatlanders would love to come up and get out of the heat as well.

What do ya'll think?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Cool interaction! I have only run into one other open carrier during the four years I have been carrying, it doesn't happen very often.

Aren't they on the Yavapai res though?

Does the Zeke's in PV serve alcohol?

You're right, they're on the rez land. I OC there frequently, but then again I guess I'm willing to take up the issue with Rez Police (if they ever showed up). A large group however would probably garner enough attention to bring them in.

Zeke's in PV does serve alcohol. We're gonna have to cast around for a good place...

AZkopper

I'm rackin' my brain trying to think of a place that doesn't serve alcohol, and serves more than Big Mac's, and is off the Res.....I'm drawing a blank. Prescott and the surrounding enviorns is one beer swillin town!!

Does Cracker Barrel serve alcohol?

Last edited:
I'm rackin' my brain trying to think of a place that doesn't serve alcohol, and serves more than Big Mac's, and is off the Res.....I'm drawing a blank. Prescott and the surrounding enviorns is one beer swillin town!!

Does Cracker Barrel serve alcohol?

As far as I recall, it does not serve alcohol. Have to check on whether or not they are anti-gun, though.