• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It Was A Great Day To Be In Rothschild!

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
It Was A Great Day To Be In Rothschild For The Signing!

I didn't have a pass to get in to see the signing, but it was great meeting everyone at The Bar afterward (I believe there are a few who are still there.....). I enjoyed meeting everyone from WCI, GOA, and the NRA as well as Senator Pam Galloway. I had many great conversations with some excellent people, and you probably know who you are!

I especially want to offer my sincere thanks to Phred and to Senator Galloway. Phred provided volumes of information to the Senator's staff that was used to create the original SB93 submitted by Senator Galloway. He also organized the event at The Bar, obtaining a signed waiver from the owner for the event.

This is not Constitutional Carry with an optional permit system to help those who travel outside our fair state but it is an excellent start! Once we have permits in hand it will be time to set new goals and get back to work.

Last edited:

phred

It definitely was a great time in Rothschild. It was really nice to meet people and put faces to the people on OCDO. For me, BrewTownBagger, Flipper, MotoFixxer, Comp45acp, Grant Guess, Goforlow, Ccwinstructor, are now real people. And of course, it was also great to see some familiar names and faces that I've met before. During the 4 1/2 hr gathering, I would estimate about 100 different people came to celebrate and enjoy the company. A few local patrons got their nerves rattled a bit, but as usual everything ended up peachy-dandy.

Senator Galloway most certainly deserves our gratitude. She had the courage to come forth with a Constitutional Carry bill which garnered so much support that it tempered the establishment to produce the signed bill. Without the positive and constructive contributions of people on this forum like Brass Magnet, Captain Nemo, Paul Fisher, and so many others ( I miss a bunch, so forgive me) way back in the beginning of 2011 and through all of the legislative processes we would have had a mess. YOU are the "checks and balances" and I thank you all for getting involved, from putting together sample legislation to contacting your legislators and going out and gaining support for our right to defend ourselves.
Darren LaSorte told me at the party afterwards that NRA legal beagles have carefully gone through the final product and have concluded that it is the best shall-issue bill in the nation. It's not Constitutional Carry, and I am very disappointed that it's not. But, the ground we gained with this bill is tremendous. We will continue to pursue our goal of Constitutional Carry. Several legislators, including Sen. Galloway will not let this be the end.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc played a huge role in this entire process. It's members were given the knowledge and tools to become actively involved. I will forever believe that without WCI's involvement, the bill that was signed on Friday would have simply been a re-drafted of the ones that Doyle vetoed. Even though I might be biased, I believe that Wisconsin Carry was the impetus which gave the legislators the initial support to feel that they could be successful with Constitutional Carry. Other organizations followed suit.

It is our job to educate the public about keeping and bearing arms properly and safely. By our example, we become the best public relation tool that our cause could have. Encourage proper training and engage in constructive dialogue about our rights and self defense issues with friends and family and then expand to work environments and other social venues.

And yes, as Trip20 mentioned in a different thread, I have the Governor's signature, as well as Senator Galloway's, on my own copy of the bill. It is going in my gun vault.

Carry on

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Man! I wish I could have made it....
I had better not see that copy on ebay Phred...:p
As Phred so eloquently put, thanks to everybody who worked for this and thanks to everyone who contacted their legislators. Without everyone this never would have happened.

I know there will me a lot of people who sit on their laurels after this but I also know that those people aren't on this forum or active members of WCI. I think we are allowed a little break of course....:D

Then...on to the next battle!

jpm84092

Thanks Pfred - Thanks WCDO

Many thanks Pfred and a SPECIAL THANKS to all the members of Wisconsin Carry, whether your contribution was large or small. Many thanks too to Pam Galloway and to all the legislators who voted for SB-93.

I am not a resident of WI any more and have not been for about 2 years, but I joined Wisconsin Carry the day I learned about it.

I do not however agree with the NRA assessment that the WI Bill is the best in the land. UT allows permit holders to carry, open or concealed, Condition 1, on school grounds (any school whether K - 12 or institute of higher learning) and even into the classroom. I have given training, both for the UT permit and tactical training, to UT teachers who want to be more prepared for any threat to their students. UT exempts your property and your motor vehicle from permit requirements so anyone can carry, open or concealed in their residence or in their car. (While it is legal to open carry with a CFP in a school, it is "frowned upon" when children are present as they may become upset.)

Carry On Wisconsin, Proudly Carry On.