• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Administration to propose steps on "gun safety"

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
WASHINGTON (AP) — Six months after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot, the White House is preparing to propose some new steps on gun safety, though they're likely to fall short of the bold measures activists would like to see.

Anti-gun groups have been disappointed to see no action so far from President Barack Obama, who supported tough gun control measures earlier in his career but fell largely silent upon becoming president.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-07-08-obama-gun-control-safety-giffords_n.htm

I really expect some true draconian nonsense to be enacted by executive order as soon as it becomes clear to the moonbat messiah that he isn't going to be president 561 days from now. OBOZO CLOCK LINK HERE

Of course it might not actually occur to this arrogant imbecile until Nov 5th 2012, but I have a feeling we'll all be wishing for Carter's worst day by the time the moonbat messiah is done screwing everything up.

c45man

Yes, obama will be giving a demonstration on the proper handling of a firearm, trigger squeeze techniques, proper breathing and sight picture, afterwhich, he will be the moderator of a debate between glock worshipers and members of the 1911 cult. Should be quite a show that will be featured on public television. The president promises that all will be communicated without a teleprompter.

sraacke

If he wants to do some real good he should have the AG weigh in on the 9mm vs .45 vs. 40 debate. Sadly I fear that will have to come down to a Supreme Court decision.

Beretta92FSLady

President Obama is silent on the issue of firearms because the issue is a exercise in political suicide. Many Democrats have agree that there will be no firearms legislation put forward.

Bunch of fear-mongering hoopla IMO.

OldCurlyWolf

President Obama is silent on the issue of firearms because the issue is a exercise in political suicide. Many Democrats have agree that there will be no firearms legislation put forward.

Maybe, but that is no reason to not be on alert and watching every move.:cuss:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

It may be "fear-mongering hoopla" but it's coming straight from the moonbat messiah's sock puppet:

Spokesman Jay Carney said that the new steps would be made public "in the near future." He didn't offer details, but people involved in talks at the Justice Department to craft the new measures said they expected to see something in the next several weeks. Whatever is proposed is not expected to involve legislation or take on major issues like banning assault weapons.

The POTUS has already commited political suicide in his healthcare bill. His economic advisors sealed it by doing everything possible WRONG.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Proposed first step for Obama to follow to ensure the safety of my firearms. (when I hear firearms safety in regards to Obama I think of ways to keep them safe from those who wish to do them harm. They're like my children)

1) Remove myself from office
2) Take my buddies with me

ldsgeek

If has realized, as has most of the Democrat party, that he has a snowballs chance in hell of a second term then he doesn't care about political suicide. He will push through as much as possible without bringing Congress into it, using executive orders and administrative rules.

Beretta92FSLady

If has realized, as has most of the Democrat party, that he has a snowballs chance in hell of a second term then he doesn't care about political suicide. He will push through as much as possible without bringing Congress into it, using executive orders and administrative rules.

I bet someone on here some good beer on President Obama winning a second term. He will win. Like I stated though, put up the best you got.

sharkey

I really expect some true draconian nonsense to be enacted by executive order as soon as it becomes clear to the moonbat messiah that he isn't going to be president 561 days from now. OBOZO CLOCK LINK HERE

Of course it might not actually occur to this arrogant imbecile until Nov 5th 2012, but I have a feeling we'll all be wishing for Carter's worst day by the time the moonbat messiah is done screwing everything up.

Good guess. Executive order number 1.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-order-to-pass-border-states-gun-restrictions

sudden valley gunner

Obama and Bush both were/are for more gun control, but congress the folks who draw up the laws afraid of their political careers have not and did not present either president a bill to sign into law.

Beretta92FSLady

TRIG Palin could beat Obama not only in the presidential race, but in an IQ test.

*sniggers* Now you're just fishing to stoke an argument. Freaking hilarious statement though.

Was it you I made the beer bet with? You better pull through when President Obama wins; you know how much 'liberals' like their freebies.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
*sniggers* Now you're just fishing to stoke an argument. Freaking hilarious statement though.
whistle.gif
Who, me?

Was it you I made the beer bet with? You better pull through when President Obama wins; you know how much 'liberals' like their freebies.

I have a reputation to uphold don't I?

I'm hoping the donkey is lurking around too. Between the 2 of you I'll have a nice assortment to celebrate the next republican's inauguration in 553 days
proposetoast.gif

45acpForMe

If the big O wins a second term you can have all the beer in my fridge because I will be bugging out!

My personal opinion is the country is pretty darned pissed off and Barry keeps looking for the magic button that will push sane people over the brink. Once someone does "pop" he will use that for justification for the vast right wing extremism containment plan which will mean open war because we ain't going quietly to FEMA camps. With that in mind, the big O is even incompetent at doing that.

Last edited:

Daylen

Except for when he:

1. tried to have all military spent cartridges destroyed and sold as scrap metal instead of surplused as is to the reloading industry.
2. stopped the return of M1 Garands from S. Korea when that country wanted to surplus them.
3. allowed fast and furious and gunwalker to break the laws of the land.
4. started the illegal reporting scheme in the southern boarder states.
5. promising anti-gun rights groups that he will work against peoples rights any way he can "under the radar"

He is not silent, just whispering and attempting to be under the radar in his attack on the right to keep and bear arms.

okboomer

[snip the bugout stuff]My personal opinion is the country is pretty darned pissed off and Barry keeps looking for the magic button that will push sane people over the brink. Once someone does "pop" he will use that for justification for the vast right wing extremism containment plan which will mean open war because we ain't going quietly to FEMA camps. With that in mind, the big O is even incompetent at doing that.

I agree that he and his henchmen/women are looking for the trigger to push someone into an irredeemable act. Shame on all us sane folks who aren't taking the bait! :lol:

As it is, the 'villification' program hasn't worked, and so far, most shootings fall into three categories: Bad Guy w/Gun, SD shoot, crazy with a gun. If you will look into it, you will also see that, like with BGWAG momma saying, "he was turning his life around," most crazies with a gun will have someone tell investigators, "yeah, I thought something was wrong, but didn't know who to call." And I can tell you from experience, trying to get Mental Health Services involved in an adult's life is VERY DIFFICULT! And getting LEO to intervene/help can be just as difficult, but that is basically the most 'direct' way to get someone MHS. And then, there is the whole issue of being branded 'unstable' and unable to have an episode relegated to the past and not have it affect gun ownership later after treatment.

We OC/CC carriers are still in the minority and considered 'fringe' by MSM and libtards/obamanistas and they have declared 'open season' on us.

Beretta92FSLady

If the big O wins a second term you can have all the beer in my fridge because I will be bugging out!

My personal opinion is the country is pretty darned pissed off and Barry keeps looking for the magic button that will push sane people over the brink. Once someone does "pop" he will use that for justification for the vast right wing extremism containment plan which will mean open war because we ain't going quietly to FEMA camps. With that in mind, the big O is even incompetent at doing that.

He will win. I think He is going to win by more votes than in 2008. Especially if Republicans keep playing politics, and drive us into default.

FEMA Camps = fear-mongering. Let's keep things in perspective here, please.

Beretta92FSLady

Except for when he:

1. tried to have all military spent cartridges destroyed and sold as scrap metal instead of surplused as is to the reloading industry.
2. stopped the return of M1 Garands from S. Korea when that country wanted to surplus them.
3. allowed fast and furious and gunwalker to break the laws of the land.
4. started the illegal reporting scheme in the southern boarder states.
5. promising anti-gun rights groups that he will work against peoples rights any way he can "under the radar"

He is not silent, just whispering and attempting to be under the radar in his attack on the right to keep and bear arms.

Here is the thing...it isn't as if he is "going under the radar," since every right-winger is hanging on President Obama's every word, and attacking Him every chance they can get. There is no "under the radar."