• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't Tred on Me License Plate

mspgunner

HB307 Don't thread on me passed and signed by gov. http://governor.mo.gov/actions/ Half way down

July 8, 2011 - Signed by Governor Nixon

FIRST REGULAR SESSION

[PERFECTED]

HOUSE BILL NO. 307

96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES GATSCHENBERGER (Sponsor), MOLENDORP, LONG, FISHER, BAHR, DAVIS, JONES (117) AND RICHARDSON (Co-sponsors).

0627L.01P D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk

AN ACT

To amend chapter 301, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to a special license plate.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Chapter 301, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 301.4035, to read as follows:

301.4035. Any person may apply for special "Don't Tread on Me" motor vehicle license plates for any vehicle such person owns, either solely or jointly, other than an apportioned motor vehicle or a commercial motor vehicle licensed in excess of eighteen thousand pounds gross weight. Such person shall make application for the special license plates on a form provided by the director of revenue. The director shall then issue license plates bearing letters or numbers or a combination thereof as determined by the advisory committee established in section 301.129, with the words "DON'T TREAD ON ME" in place of the words "SHOW-ME STATE". Such license plates shall be made with fully reflective material with a common color scheme and design, shall be clearly visible at night, and shall be aesthetically attractive, as prescribed by section 301.130.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
That's pretty cool. It fits in with the open carry theme pretty well. I woukd agree with the others that the license plate alone is not going to cause you to be pulled over.