Thread: About to blow a gasket.....

About to blow a gasket.....

Wisconsin Concealed Carry Basic Pistol Course Licensing

$120 + 5 boxes of ammo

On top of that, you then have to pay the state fee.

YAY !!!!! You can CC in WI for the bargain basement price of $300 !!!!!!!!!!!

Worst for me, is that this is a person I HIGHLY respect. It's being put on by easily the most qualified people in the ENTIRE state, possibly the midwest.

The students will be HIGHLY trained compaired to hunter's safety, but that's not the point.

THIS MUST STOP. CC should stand for CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY. A person can take a hunter's safety course for $30 and be qualified. Does this mean they are well trained, no. Carrying is a RIGHT, not something that should be price gouged.

Do I want to take pistol handling and marksmanship courses? YES.

I WILL NEVER TAKE ONE FROM A PERSON WHO MARKETS IT AS AN SB93 QUAL COURSE FOR HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS.
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

WCTC in Pewaukee is offering classes for $80.00 with no ammo needed. A shooting simulator is used, There is the Maryland course that has appeared in here that is real cheap, Maybe free, and I just saw a story that the Wisconsin DOJ will be offering a online course not sure if there is a charge for that one. So high cost courses are not needed.

I have dual quals, so it has no effect on me.

It's the principle of it

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CARRY......... for $300
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Gee

I'm sure Mr. Gasket is very happy.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    I'm sure Mr. Gasket is very happy.
    LOL
    And here I thought you were serious all the time!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I wonder how many will get suckered into this shell game not knowing they may already have satisfactory proof of training. I have three forms of certification. Hunters safety certificate, Military proof of small arms qualification and the MD police firearms training course. My total cost $14. I wonder how many people will sign up for the high priced training out of ignorance of what qualifies as training? Not knowing they may already be qualified. Of course if that's how they want to spend their money that's their business. Caveat Emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I wonder how many will get suckered into this shell game not knowing they may already have satisfactory proof of training. I have three forms of certification. Hunters safety certificate, Military proof of small arms qualification and the MD police firearms training course. My total cost $14. I wonder how many people will sign up for the high priced training out of ignorance of what qualifies as training? Not knowing they may already be qualified. Of course if that's how they want to spend their money that's their business. Caveat Emptor.
    exactly

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

The people have the right to carry with minimal training.

IMHO, they have the responsibility not to.

By that, I mean I've seen strangers and coached friends through their first time firing a gun. I'm really disappointed in anyone who chooses to carry without a lot more experience than the State requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post

By that, I mean I've seen strangers and coached friends through their first time firing a gun. I'm really disappointed in anyone who chooses to carry without a lot more experience than the State requires.
    You're missing the point and ignoring the 2nd Amendment

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Quote Originally Posted by XD40-OD View Post
    You're missing the point and ignoring the 2nd Amendment
    Um...no I'm not.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    He is missing the point of the thread but he's not ignoring the 2A at all. Rights come with responsibility. He's not advocating government mandated training.

Teej,
    The point of the thread is that some people may be taken advantage of because they think they need an expensive course to meet the letter of the law.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-09-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

That point was not lost on me, I assure you.

I was gonna say a lot more, but I'm just gonna let it go except for one thing...where's this "$120 and 5 boxes of ammo" course? I looked over on WCC and didn't see it. I'm curious if it specifically says it's what's required for WI or of it's a general course or covers UT/MN/FL permits as well.
    Last edited by Teej; 07-09-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    That point was not lost on me, I assure you.

I was gonna say a lot more, but I'm just gonna let it go except for one thing...where's this "$120 and 5 boxes of ammo" course? I looked over on WCC and didn't see it. I'm curious if it specifically says it's what's required for WI or of it's a general course or covers UT/MN/FL permits as well.
    It's an NRA course. I didn't not say who it's with, for stated reason.

My first sentence was the advertised course name

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

I believe that's a rip off. You can walk into any gun store with an indoor range and rent it for an hour. Tell the guy behind the counter to run you through a quick course, and half of them will bring there own gun in and shoot with you while teaching you the basics.

5 boxes of ammo? Wow. I can blow through that having fun at the ranges, but I think that's excessive for "training".
    A criminal can have a gun, so why can't I?

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Don't you just have to have compleated...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    weapons training, basic training? I'm an expert with a rifle, three years, Honorable discharge. Good enough, isn't it? boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    weapons training, basic training? I'm an expert with a rifle, three years, Honorable discharge. Good enough, isn't it? boar out.
    No. Expert: M1 Garand, M14, M16, G3, M1911A1, P38 with 21 years and honorably retired. Not to mention familiarization with the M2 and the BAR (God, does that ever date me!!)

Seriously, I don't have a dog in this hunt, being in Alabama. All we do is walk in the sheriff's office, go through a background check, pay the fee, get photographed, and a week or so later, we have the concealed pistol permit.

Were it not for the extensive training my rich uncle gave me, I would be looking for more. Montgomery PD has a free course that may be well worth the while and I am thinking of taking it. I will also probably take my wife and see if I can get her to try shooting.

73-76 m16a1

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    No. Expert: M1 Garand, M14, M16, G3, M1911A1, P38 with 21 years and honorably retired. Not to mention familiarization with the M2 and the BAR (God, does that ever date me!!)

Seriously, I don't have a dog in this hunt, being in Alabama. All we do is walk in the sheriff's office, go through a background check, pay the fee, get photographed, and a week or so later, we have the concealed pistol permit.

Were it not for the extensive training my rich uncle gave me, I would be looking for more. Montgomery PD has a free course that may be well worth the while and I am thinking of taking it. I will also probably take my wife and see if I can get her to try shooting.
    My two daughters, 24,and 29, the ol lady, all disciplined paper cutters. Don't believe they could kill, so for their sake I don't encourage them to carry. I Would rather they used an electronic weapon. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    We'll have to get an opioion by the AG. I don't know if they will count training with the flintlock!
    Last edited by ksks; 07-10-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Most AACFI courses that will be available soon, will not require shooting the pistol..a savings in Ammo
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Is this simply a concealed "safety" training class? I mean, you are going to be buying ammo for the class, it sounds pretty in-depth such as defensive training and concepts..

Out here in Oregon, we have both options. A cheaper $30 "basic safety" type class, and then the more expensive in depth classroom with range time classes.

Are you sure this trainer isn't simply doing the safety along with more training? I know CC is pretty new for WI now, so don't get those types of classes confused..

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    [...] I know CC is pretty new for WI now, so don't get those types of classes confused..
    CC is not new for WI, our criminals have been doing it for years... but then again there wasn't any law requiring them to get any training.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    CC is not new for WI, our criminals have been doing it for years... but then again there wasn't any law requiring them to get any training.
    Do I really need to clarify what I meant?

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Do I really need to clarify what I meant?
    not at all. should I have left a at the end? I was making a statement to show the absolute absurdity of the "new law" and "training requirements" on LAC's
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz272
    There is the Maryland course that has appeared in here that is real cheap
    I just saw a story that the Wisconsin DOJ will be offering a online course
    The MD course is free, and PLEASE post a link to that story about our DOJ offering a course!!! If that's free, too, wowsa! Maybe they have learned something from other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Teej
    I agree, to both parts, though I'd stop after "carry" in the first sentence.
    We carry openly now w/ no mandated training, etc., & there hasn't been a problem.
    I know of nobody who currently carries who doesn't have training surpassing what's in SB93.
    I hope all of us use the MD course, or whatever free equivalent our DOJ dreams up, to show the inanity of their training requirement.
    If my permit is refused, I can carry openly for a little while longer while the court is hearing the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

not at all. should I have left a at the end? I was making a statement to show the absolute absurdity of the "new law" and "training requirements" on LAC's
    My bad.